best hunting rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best hunting rig

what do you think would make for the best all around hunting rig.A argo on tracks or a extreme shallow running jet boat?If you had to buy one or the other which would it be?

just my $.02

If you really are after good hunting, then take that money and pay for fly-out trips for the next 10-20 years.

Just my opinion, YMMV.

If you have your mind set on a vehicle, I'd go with the Argo simply because you can use it in the winter as well.

Comment

Well do you want to hunt along rivers or in swamps?

Comment

what area are you hunting in? It kind of depends where you are and what kind of hunting you want to do.

Comment

My go anywhere

Here's my go to rig

Live life and love it
          Love life and live it

Comment

rig

Tell us more about it please. Did you buy it or is it still military? Tell us about the performance and fuel consumption/range.

Comment

Favorite hunting rig.

Here's mine. Legs, they've never let me down!
              Attached Files
              An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
              - Jef Mallett

Comment

Rig

They're great for packing too!
                Attached Files
                An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
                - Jef Mallett

Comment

Originally posted by twodux View Post
                  Here's mine. Legs, they've never let me down!

I about spewed my coffee on the screen when I saw your foot wear in the second pic. Funny stuff!
                  sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Hagglund Bv206 SUSV

Originally posted by Rich_in_AK View Post
                    Tell us more about it please. Did you buy it or is it still military? Tell us about the performance and fuel consumption/range.
                    I bought it at Ft. Wainwright in Fairbanks at an auction. They say no more will go to public auction as local goverment groups now get first call.
                    It has a turbo diesel Mercedes in line 6 cylinder. Two speed differential for pulling or hill climbing. On hard surface I get about 5 mpg. In snow and hills I get about 5 gpm.:eek:
                    It is amphibious, each car has a large bilge pump. I have the rear car set up with a cot and cook stove. I took it out into Cook Inlet once and scared myself. Now I stick to small, shallow ponds.

Live life and love it
                    Love life and live it

Comment

Bullbuster,

Like your BV-206. Awsome rig. Is it the gas engine model?

Comment

Meat hauler

Originally posted by akursus View Post
                        Bullbuster,

Like your BV-206. Awsome rig. Is it the gas engine model?
                        No, it's a diesel burner. The 2 tanks hold 22 gallons each, for a total of 44 gallons. Mounted jerry cans add 10, plus whatever drums I throw on.
                        Rich at Yukon Equipment just gave me a 12v diesel pump to make refueling easier.
                        Live life and love it
                        Love life and live it

Comment

twodux

I loved the pictures. Except packing deer that way isn't to comfortable, secure, & the clean up sucks!

They both would be nice but the argo really is not a true boat even though it can cross boddies of water. To me it is like apples & oranges. You want a machine to cover ground, swamps, beaver ponds, or one to run rivers & lakes.

Comment

If you live in Elim..........you should have both a skiff with jet motor and a couple 4 wheelers. Plus a snogo for winter!
                            I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
                            I have less friends now!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X