No Brownie this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Brownie this year

Me and a buddy just got back from the west side of Cook inlet, man we had some chances First we anchor the boat in a bay and put the Zodiac in the water, then we start cooking some Moose Brats for lunch. I get mine half down and see a Huge Brown on the beach 1/4 mile from us, we put the sneak on him but he wanders up the hill and into the brush before were setup. Before we leave I take a look at paw prints and there 9 1/2" wide. The next day we set up on the beach behind the zodiac and see what we think is a 6-7 foot bear on the beach for 30 minutes. I walk up to check paw prints and realize that were 400 yards out from where this bear was, we though it was 200-250 yards, prints are 8" wide, at this point I was feeling bad that my range finder still had the dead batterys from last year in it, and we did not pack any aaa batts for the trip. The next 2 days we seen 4 more bears, but nothing was a shooter. Thers always next year ;')
    Frank
    Frank
    Alaska Wildrose Charters and Cabins
    www.wildroselodge.com

cook inlet

glad you got to see some bears, i just got back from cordova, outa 12 days we had two decent days we could hunt, saw alot of black bears and a few brownies, only two were boars, all high and away from the beach. client took a nine four three miles up river on a slide...glad you got to see some good bears over there. good bears are close to home as well..i think that gets overlooked alot...which is fine with me!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
    Working...
    X