Heating a tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heating a tent

Thanks for the help and ideas in advance.
    I am going out to Kodiak this october/november on a brownie hunt and am looking for Ideas on some of you who have done this prefer.
    I have a large 10x14 canvas tent and a bomb shelter.
    The canvas is large and heavy but is a nice shelter.
    I should add, I will probibly be going alone, so don't need that much room.
    The bomb shelter is a 10x10.
    I have a wood stove for the canvas, and would take a sun flower for the bomb shelter. I will add that I wil not be sleeping in the tent when the sunflower is running.
    This will be for comfort heat and drying gear.
    Is it worth bringing a second tent, just in case?
    A smaller packing tent?
    Again, thanks for the help.
    willy

I prefer the walled tent...

where you can put in a stove, so you can have the stove running without threat of CM Poisoning...the sunflower can be accidently left running, so I wouldn't go that route...but if it's size & weight, looking for light I guess you've answered your own question...

Comment

Tents

Kodiak... of course you want more than one tent. One for cooking & hanging out in, one for sleeping in, and one to keep the weather off of your bear hide. None of these need to be that big or fancy, although a larger tent is nice for the cooking and hanging out. Take extra fuel for your cooking stove and use that for heat. Buy the elcheapo tents that have a decent rain fly. Bring lots of rope for tie downs. Small dome style tents take the wind surprisingly well.

PS invite a buddy to fight off cabin fever and a create blacktail gut pile, then shoot your bear off of the gut pile.

JB

Comment

Sorry, but shooting a Bear off a gut pile...

is illegal if I am not mistaken...

Comment

nope

You can shoot a predator (bear, wolf, etc...) off a gutpile from a legally taken animal as long as the guts haven't been moved from another location. Unless something has changed.
          AKmud
          sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

ceramic flower pot

For small tents if you get a ceramic flower pot sit it in the coals of your fire and let it get red hot. Have a wire attached to it so you can pull it out then set it on a ceramic plate or hang it from the top of your tent. It will radiat heat and warm it up nicely.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X