2 in TMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 in TMA

This was our third trip in. On the previous trips we did not see what we were looking for. On this trip we got lucky and took these two hogs. The first one measured 42 x 14 and the second mesured 39 x 14 1/2. The weather cooperated with us even though we were freezing. The reason I think we got these rams was because it was winter in the back of the drainages. There was quite a bit of snow at the head waters of the drainages. It took us one and half days after spotting them to catch up with them. We laid at 300 yards for 5 hours while they were bedded waiting for them to stand up. We finally took the shots at 200 yards and they fell only 20 feet apart. While we were taking care of the animals it began to snow. Once we got the animals to camp it took us 18 hours of walking to get them back to the boat. We would walk 20 minutes with the first pack and then unload and go back and get the second load and bring it past the first load for 20 min. We had a great time and want to thank everyone on the forum for thier help and support.
    Attached Files

Very nice. It doesn't get any better than that.

Comment

Oh Ya!! Nice job. Having to deal with the weather and work for em just makes it that much better.
      A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Comment

I covet

Those are great Rams and a big adventure. 18 hours to shuttle the booty to the boat? I love it when I hear about real hunts like this. You stuck with it and went back again until you got what you were after.
        Very proud of you guys
        Or maybe you guys just didn't think to try and drive your trucks up the mountain to get them like the fellows on the haul road that have vehicles stuck out on the tundra.
        Yes you guys are the difference..
        very nice indeed.
        Max
        When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Comment

Good Job!

That is outstanding.. What a pig!

Congrats on a great hunt.!

Comment

awesome.

Welcome to the forum, Lucky.
            Great hunt and pics. The glacier country is befitting of those monsters.
            That 42"X14" may be the biggest taken this year in AK....
            Proud to be an American!

Comment

Congrats to both of you!!
              We need more pictures!!

Comment

2 in TMA

Here are a couple more pics...
                Attached Files

Comment

2 in TMA

One more...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Geez, nice work. Those are huge!!

Comment

Tremendous looking animals...congrats!

Comment

Nice Sheep

Great pictures, sounds like you had a good time!
                        "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

Comment

sheep

Three trips? You guys hunted hard. Looks like it paid off. The 42 incher may make the record book. Congradulations!
                          “I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. “ Fred Bear

Comment

Rams

All I can say is WoW!

northwestalaska

Comment

Nice!

Heard about a 45incher taken from a guy in Valdez this year. Nice looking ram Lucky!!!. I will tip a Barley Pop to that!!
                              SNOW TOWN FOOLS
                              FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF-DPT

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X