Dcua "smackdown!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dcua "smackdown!"

Well went out to Delta to do a little sheep hunting and got this guy.

Left = 39 3/8"
    Right = 36" (broomed)
    Bases = 13"

Not to shaby for my first sheep. Had a great time and it was definately the hardest hunt I have ever done.

Partner and I spotted him on hunt day 1 went after him at 0700 the second day and at 10:00 that morning he was down with one shot at 224 yards with the .270 WSM using 150 Noslers. Needless to say He fell about 100 feet and landed perfectly on a rock and **** near split him in half. I caped out as much as possible, but when I got down and layed it out, there was no way, so European mount it will be. Saw alot of 7/8 curls.

Quick gear review

Sporthill Expedition pants = A++
    Lowa GTX extreme = A+
    Mountain Hardwear Alchemy Jacket = A+
    Osprey Crescent 110 = A
    Kifaru Gun Bearer = F (top strap ripped in half on first day)
    Mountain Hardwear Hammer head II = B+
    Nikon Spotter XLII = B
    North Face Orion 20 degree Bag = A
    Black Diamond Beta Mid Lite = C-
    Black Diamond Trekking poles = D (tips came off 2nd day)

This was my first sheep hunt and I learned that I took too much **** food. I took 20 lbs and now realized I could have got away with around 12lbs. Other than that everything went great. Saa a huge Grizz, Black Bear and Bou.

Congrats to all the sheep hunters. Special congrats to Jason in anchorage, he got a sheep pon his first hunt as well.

dang 130+lbs on your back sucks but well worth it.....
    Attached Files

I can't figure out how to post better or bigger pics on this forum!

Comment

Congrats! Beautiful ram. Where did you hunt the DCUA? We got two "first rams" out of Bradford Creek during the walkin.
      A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

Ds204

Spur creek. Used Golden Eagle outfitters. Jim is awesome and would use him again. Got a little beef to take up with the outfitters from Tok.. hhmmmm! Low flights along the ridge as we were doing stalk!

Comment

Great Ram! I PM'd you with a couple of questions regarding some gear on your list. Was the area you hunted conducive to bowhunting?

Comment

Busta Ribs

Didn't recieve your PM yet

Comment

You should put another picture or two up when you get some time. That one is too small to see! Thanks for sharing and congrats on your ram!

Comment

How?

I don't know how to make em any bigger. I kept rezing this one till it would fit. Any suggestions?

Comment

Comment

Sweet

Thanks Jimmy now how the hell did you do that?

Comment

Great looking ram!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X