Talkeetna Rams???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talkeetna Rams???

Haven't seen any pictures of a Talkeetna Ram yet, so I thought I would share. Taken the 19th.
    J
    Attached Files

Nice Ram!

Nice Ram! Where are measurements and the story?

Comment

Well, don't have time to write much. First, I am lucky to have pictures. The digital camera took a swim in the river, and luckily, today I found out that the memory card still worked. Anyway, he was my first sheep...something I've been trying to accomplish for 5 or 6 years now off the road system. Anyway, 9 years old, 37 x 13 bases. Didn't "score" him, just wrapped a tape around and took a quick look. The story and hunt were of epic proportions, and will be something I cherish remember. It involved me making an incredible shot, at a very long distance (don't even want to get into numbers), and having to go up to him the next morning, stalking to 20 yards, and finishing him off. I am a content man.
      J
      Attached Files

Comment

Thats a **** nice ram J !

Comment

Road System?

So was this a walk-in off the highway like you've been trying to do? Did you use a 4-wheeler or just park and walk. Congrats on a nice ram.
          www.provingtrailadventures.com

Comment

Congrats J...seeing all these rams are givin' me sheep fever.
            "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Nice....

Nice Ram J...thanks for the pic!

Comment

Very nice ram.

Comment

J,
                  Beautiful ram and love that 'rocky' country he was in...real sheep habitat. CONGRATS!!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X