POW Sucess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POW Sucess

We hunted POW using RDM Pilot/Guide as our transporter for the second year in a row. My partner got his bear on day three and I got mine on day five. We saw bears every day except the last day. Weather kicked our butt pretty much the whole time. My partner used a 30-06 with a 180 gr nosler Accubond and I had my 300 SAUM with a 180 gr nosler Accubond. Both bears were anchored with one shot no more than 5 ft from where they last stood. Man those bullets work great. Lots of bears to be had out there. I highly recommend RDM for this hunt. These guys are top notch!
    http://www.pristineventures.com/cgi/...c,m=1147746282

Congrats. Did you have to stalk them at all? When were you there?I was there thur-sat. The weather wasn't too bad where we were. Once again congrats
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Comment

Pow

All our bears had to be stalked.Some were really tough to stalk with all the barnacles and sea weed on the shore rocks. It made for a loud stalk. Most of the bears we stalked were on the move and wouldn't sit still for us. It seemed like they were scavanging quite a bit.They were being really spookable too. We were there from May 6-14. Did you get any bears?

Comment

Congrat's

So how Big was he?

Comment

My friend shot at one and missed. WE had to stalk through the woods. Do to the tide coming in the shore line dissappeared on us. We parked the boat 1/4 mile away from the bear and hiked back to him.
          Living the Alaskan Dream
          Gary Keller
          Anchorage, AK

Comment

Pow

He is around 6 1/2' and has a green skull of 21 1/16". He weighed a ton. If I had to guess, I would say 350-450 lbs.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X