Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Dall cape ASAP

Hello fellow sheep hunters,

JUST A QUICK QUESTION I'M LOOKING FOR A CAPE IN GOOD CONDITION I FILLED MY SHEEP TAG OPENING DAY BUT THE 11 YEAR OLD KING OF THE HILL FELL A WAYS AND I COULD NOT KEEP THE CAPE.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. I FELL THAT I NEED TO HONOR HIM SO EVERYONE CAN SEE WHAT A WONDERFUL ANIMAL HE WAS.... THANKS

AKSHEEPHUNTER

I assume you got the horns out. I also assume you salvaged all the legally required meat. So what was wrong with the cape?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Comment

Originally posted by martentrapper
      I assume you got the horns out. I also assume you salvaged all the legally required meat. So what was wrong with the cape?
      Why does every other post on this forum lately have someone making a comment like that? It seems as if nobody trusts anyone to legally take all the meat out. He didn't say anything about the meat being bad..."what was wrong with the cape" We'll lets see..what could happen to a cape on a sheep hunt...many things can happen to a cape if the ram tumbled down the jagged cliffs that sheep are known to live in after the shot. Or maybe the cape didn't get salted in time and is going bad, or maybe he couldn't carry all of it off the mountain and had to leave the cape. Lots of reasons why he needs a new cape.

AKsheephunter...this seems obvious, but start calling taxidermists. I know of a few guys that buy sheep capes from hunters just to be prepared for someone that had something happen to their cape. They'll be your best bet. Good luck to you.

Comment

Sheep Cape

Worse case call Jonas Taxidermy in Littleton, Colorado (Denver)

I know they either have capes or have access to them but they won't be cheap....

Comment

Aumming

Originally posted by martentrapper
          I have to agree with Shoot2Kill, he asked about a cape so he can mount his ram so why do you have to ask about the meat?? Is that really any of your business?? Looks like the "ethics police" got a new recruit.

Comment

MT

MT is just trying to stir things up a bit, I am not for sure but I think he is doing it so some of the "ethics police" see what it looks like when someone else behaves the way they do.

Comment

shoot2kill

Shoot2kill is just mad, cause he had to leave Alaska.

Boo-Hoo
              Whats up brotha!

Comment

Wheres the pic?

Some of us crave the pics of these rams, Ak Sheephunter. Drop a pic of that ole boy. I'd love to see that gnarly 11 yo head. What an old timer....

Congrats by the way!

fullkurl
                Proud to be an American!

Comment

Back to first grade guys. The first 2 sentances are ended with a period. I didn't ASK about the meat. Nothing in my post requires or asks him to explain anything about the meat or horns. I did ask about the cape. I find it interesting/odd that the meat and horns made it out OK, (I assume, giving him the benefit of the doubt) but his cape isn't useable.
                  The best place I know of to find taxidermy skins is www.taxidermy.net. There is a forum page there where one can advertise for things you need, as well as scan the for sale page for anything you need being advertised. I occaisionally see dall capes there.
                  Of course, sheephunter has the complete ability to just ignore my question, instead of stirring things up like a couple of you are.
                  I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
                  I have less friends now!!

Comment

LMAO.........coming from the king of "stirring things up"!!

Comment

Could be...

Originally posted by mtcop71
                      Shoot2kill is just mad, cause he had to leave Alaska.

Boo-Hoo
                      Whats up brotha!
                      That could be part of the problem. You're going sheep hunting and I'm not Coop..*******.

No offense MT, I've just been seeing it quite often on here lately, but good idea about taxidermy.net...great place to buy dead stuff.

Sheephunter, call Yukon at Tall Tales Taxidermy 907-338-5313. I know he's got a buddy that sells him his sheep cape every year and if that guy is back from the field already, he'll most likely have one for sale. If not now, surely by the end of the season.

Comment

Cape

Thanks Guys I Did Not Mean To Talk About The Meat All I Wanted To Know If Anyone Had A Idea About Finding A Cape

P.s My Ram Was Old And A Great Monarch Of The Mountains Where He Lived! He Just Fell A Long Ways. Thats Why I Need A Cape........

Comment

Originally posted by Ak sheephunter
                          He Just Fell A Long Ways. Thats Why I Need A Cape........

#1 reason why guys need a sheep cape...

I hope you find one so you can display him proudly...by the way...where's the pics of this boy!

Comment

Pictures

HEY SHOOT2KILL,

i was wondering if you could help me. I can't figure out how to put a picture on the forum can you help with this process thanks a million i would really like to show him off if i could figure out how to do it.

AKSHEEPHUNTER

Comment

attaching photo

use the mangae attachments option at the bottom of the post page. You may want to consider changing the size of the photo with another program first to allow for easier viewing.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X