X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey Hunting in AK

Looking for a Butter Ball in the 15 to 20 pound range for Thanksgiving
    Attached Files

Kenia Peninsula near Copper Center might be your best hope. There was a post on the forum many years ago about a flock down there. Maybe a couple of flocks down that way. Your other bet is Safeway or Costco.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

my buddy was up four wheeling north of kings river and tried to shoot one that flew off and missed. Ended up talking to a local in the area and it was one of his turkeys he let loose that they hunt later in the year.
      I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
      but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

No Business in Fairbanks has Butter Balls only Walmart has Jenny 0 turkeys they all most be waiting for a delivery driver like everything else in lower 48. I will keep hunting Thanks !

Comment

There was a guy in Cooper Landing that was raising turkeys and would let them run loose. He lived right by the school and they'd be all around the playground. F&G kept telling him to keep them penned but he wouldn't. Last I heard he finally got fined. Don't know if he still has the turkeys or not.
          Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

I had a Neighbor that had chickens I watched a fox go across my yard with his chicken in his mouth this lasted for about 2 weeks until all the chickens were gone. Then the neighbor ask me have you seen my chickens ? I just laughed and told him I saw them go across my yard headed toward the water. I didn’t tell him a Fox was carrying them. HA.

Comment

WalMart in Wasilla had large frozen Butterballs today.

Comment

Maybe Fairbanks will get ButterBalls Soon
                good news A flock of Butterball turkeys just flew over the house headed to Wal Mart………….,called them their in .
                thanks

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I've never been one for traditional holiday dinners. Last year it was crab legs and Dall sheep backstrap, and I'm thinking that sounds like a pretty good plan for this year as well.

Comment

Sounds good !
                      we did do a prime rib one year
                      but my wife does a excellent up side down Turkey in oven very tender and moist .

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X