X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AkHunter45
    replied
    Originally posted by Snyd View Post

I haven't seen/heard from Stid. Did he draw DCUA this year?
    That was my bad, I was referring to you and got the usernames mixed up.

Leave a comment:

• Sollybug
    replied
    Wow thanks LG thats an amazing ram thanks for the pics.

Leave a comment:

• akparret
    replied
    Originally posted by L. G. View Post
    His ram

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3421.JPG
Views:	836
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	2774878
    Pretty sure I can tell where that is, from being in the same valley…all I can say is…he’s one tough guy for doing that solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• 4merguide
    replied
    Originally posted by Snyd View Post

I messaged Steve about a week ago and haven't heard back. Great ram!....congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Snyd
    replied
    Originally posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Looking for some reports of hunters that have hunted the DCUA this season, I'm leaving Friday and hunting until it closes on the 20th, something i've always wanted to do but managed to tag out early 2 times previous. Anyways, I know Stid and a couple of other hunters tagged out, anyone else hear any reports or know of anyone that got a ram?

Leave a comment:

• Snyd
    replied
    Second DCUA Walkin Ram for me. 38.5" 11 yo. 71 yds with the Freedom Arms 454 Casull. I thank the Lord and my partner Roy. Over the years I'd been hoping to get a Ram in this class and also get a shot at one with my pistol. Both happened on this trip. Also we got him 1 day before my 61st Birthday so he's a Birthday Ram as well. I'd never hunted sheep this late, first BDay in the Sheep Mtns. This is number 4 for me out of 10 I've packed and ate. Other 3 I did euro mounts and sold the capes, this one gets mounted. For me this is the pinnacle, the Apogee of my Sheep Hunting. I am done chasing rams for myself. If one of my buddies draws and needs a partner and if my body holds out I'll enter the Sheep Mountains again. But for me, it's been an awesome ride and I'm more than satisfied. Hmm, I got my first and last ram on DCUA Walkin Hunts. There's much more to the story for a future thread.

Go Get Em Boys!!

Leave a comment:

• craigs37
    replied
    Beauty of a ram!

Leave a comment:

• 4merguide
    replied
    Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post

Wow, that ram is an absolute stud! And it looks like you shot him in a most unlikely and easy to get to spot.
    Beautiful big ram for sure! I could be wrong but the head and body look a little dirty, like maybe he might have rolled down the mountain from where he shot him?

Leave a comment:

• Bushwhack Jack
    replied
    His ram

Wow, that ram is an absolute stud! And it looks like you shot him in a most unlikely and easy to get to spot.

Leave a comment:

• jpost
    replied
    Wow - that is a tremendous ram! Sounds like a great adventure - nice going!

Leave a comment:

• L. G.
    replied

The DCUA early hunt is non-motorized. He went solo - pack rafted across a river. Humped all over the hills. 7 miles back to base camp from the kill. Two trips to haul everything out. Said he'd never do a solo hunt again.

Leave a comment:

• AkHunter45
    replied
    His ram

Wow, what a beast! Was that a fly in hunt?

Leave a comment:

• L. G.
    replied

His ram

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• AkHunter45
    replied
    Originally posted by 101001 View Post
    Harvest was about half last year of normal. https://secure.wildlife.alaska.gov/index.cfm
    Not too concerned about those numbers, the average annual harvest for DS204 is usually in the low to mid 20's with 2013 and 2014 numbers being 17 each year. The weather this year has been terrible for hunting so I'm thinking hunter numbers will be low for this season.

Leave a comment:

• AkHunter45
    replied
    My son shot a 40"+ ram ( 10 YO) on the early hunt.
    Congrats to your son, I'd love to see some pics if you have any.

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X