Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCUA reports

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DCUA reports

    Looking for some reports of hunters that have hunted the DCUA this season, I'm leaving Friday and hunting until it closes on the 20th, something i've always wanted to do but managed to tag out early 2 times previous. Anyways, I know Stid and a couple of other hunters tagged out, anyone else hear any reports or know of anyone that got a ram?
    Last edited by AkHunter45; 09-07-2021, 07:26.

  • #2
    Harvest was about half last year of normal. https://secure.wildlife.alaska.gov/index.cfm

    Comment


    • #3

      My son shot a 40"+ ram ( 10 YO) on the early hunt.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by L. G. View Post
        My son shot a 40"+ ram ( 10 YO) on the early hunt.
        Congrats to your son, I'd love to see some pics if you have any.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 101001 View Post
          Harvest was about half last year of normal. https://secure.wildlife.alaska.gov/index.cfm
          Not too concerned about those numbers, the average annual harvest for DS204 is usually in the low to mid 20's with 2013 and 2014 numbers being 17 each year. The weather this year has been terrible for hunting so I'm thinking hunter numbers will be low for this season.

          Comment


          • #6

            His ram

            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3421.JPG
Views:	837
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	2774878
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by L. G. View Post
              His ram

              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3421.JPG
Views:	837
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	2774878
              Wow, what a beast! Was that a fly in hunt?

              Comment


              • #8

                The DCUA early hunt is non-motorized. He went solo - pack rafted across a river. Humped all over the hills. 7 miles back to base camp from the kill. Two trips to haul everything out. Said he'd never do a solo hunt again.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Wow - that is a tremendous ram! Sounds like a great adventure - nice going!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by L. G. View Post
                    His ram

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3421.JPG
Views:	837
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	2774878
                    Wow, that ram is an absolute stud! And it looks like you shot him in a most unlikely and easy to get to spot.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post

                      Wow, that ram is an absolute stud! And it looks like you shot him in a most unlikely and easy to get to spot.
                      Beautiful big ram for sure! I could be wrong but the head and body look a little dirty, like maybe he might have rolled down the mountain from where he shot him?
                      Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Beauty of a ram!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Second DCUA Walkin Ram for me. 38.5" 11 yo. 71 yds with the Freedom Arms 454 Casull. I thank the Lord and my partner Roy. Over the years I'd been hoping to get a Ram in this class and also get a shot at one with my pistol. Both happened on this trip. Also we got him 1 day before my 61st Birthday so he's a Birthday Ram as well. I'd never hunted sheep this late, first BDay in the Sheep Mtns. This is number 4 for me out of 10 I've packed and ate. Other 3 I did euro mounts and sold the capes, this one gets mounted. For me this is the pinnacle, the Apogee of my Sheep Hunting. I am done chasing rams for myself. If one of my buddies draws and needs a partner and if my body holds out I'll enter the Sheep Mountains again. But for me, it's been an awesome ride and I'm more than satisfied. Hmm, I got my first and last ram on DCUA Walkin Hunts. There's much more to the story for a future thread.




                          Go Get Em Boys!!










                          A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by AkHunter45 View Post
                            Looking for some reports of hunters that have hunted the DCUA this season, I'm leaving Friday and hunting until it closes on the 20th, something i've always wanted to do but managed to tag out early 2 times previous. Anyways, I know Stid and a couple of other hunters tagged out, anyone else hear any reports or know of anyone that got a ram?
                            I haven't seen/heard from Stid. Did he draw DCUA this year?
                            A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Snyd View Post

                              I haven't seen/heard from Stid. Did he draw DCUA this year?
                              I messaged Steve about a week ago and haven't heard back. Great ram!....congrats!
                              Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X