Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM772 East Central Tanana Flats and Mtns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM772 East Central Tanana Flats and Mtns.

Lady Luck cracked a little smile on me this year and I pulled this tag. I've never been in that specific area, and I really only put my name in the hat because I thought it would be a good tag to have in hand if I were to draw the caribou tag in the area I was really wanting. Nevertheless, here I am!

I've already scanned through this site but found little on this hunt. I am looking to fly in and have already spoken with Jim, at Golden Eagle Outfitters; unfortunately, he was already booked on the dates I am needing to go. He referred me to another outfit that could put me in there and I have spoken with them, but given the options they presented me I just might hold off a bit before booking (I realize I shouldn't hold off too long).

If anyone has experience with this one and would be willing to share any advise, insight, or tips it would surely be appreciated and not forgotten! If you'd rather PM, even better.

Thanks for reading.

I would call an air taxi in fairbanks ASAP and ask them about flying in. I bet they could give you some info (I'm not sure what they can legally say but they probably have 2-3 strips they fly people into).

Next call fish and game and ask about that hunt. they too might be able to give you some pointers. I've never hunted the area but have thought about putting in for that tag. hope its a great hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by AKducks View Post
      I would call an air taxi in fairbanks ASAP and ask them about flying in. I bet they could give you some info (I'm not sure what they can legally say but they probably have 2-3 strips they fly people into).

Next call fish and game and ask about that hunt. they too might be able to give you some pointers. I've never hunted the area but have thought about putting in for that tag. hope its a great hunt!

I think I may have an air taxi nailed down, and I just might give F&G a call and bend their ear.

Appreciate the response.

Comment

Area bio for that hunt is Tony Hollis, 459-7256
        I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
        I have less friends now!!

Comment

Originally posted by martentrapper View Post
          Area bio for that hunt is Tony Hollis, 459-7256
          I'll give him a shout. Appreciate the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Bruin View Post

I think I may have an air taxi nailed down, and I just might give F&G a call and bend their ear.

Appreciate the response.
            I have been trying to find an air taxi for this hunt as well, who did you find that has availability if you don't mind me asking

Comment

Did you try out Gary Hall of Mt. Hayes Air? I've flown with him before and he did me right. I'd fly with him again if it was the right hunt/river etc.

http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/akp...otos_moose.htm

Comment

Originally posted by audio907 View Post

I have been trying to find an air taxi for this hunt as well, who did you find that has availability if you don't mind me asking
                First call I made was to Mt. Hayes Air out of Delta Junction. It went directly to voicemail, but they had a message on there stating that they no longer were offering air taxi or transport services. Next I called Golden Eagle (also out of Delta) and spoke with Jim; he was all booked up during the dates I was wanting to fly out, but referred me to Wright Air in Fairbanks, who he said was the last outfit he personally knew that still flies in to that area. I called Wright and the lady on the phone said my call was very timely because they only had one more spot left for DM772. It wasn't exactly where I was hoping to get to, but due to the seemingly limited options and it being their last spot, I booked it. That was about ten days ago.
                Last edited by Johnny Bruin; 03-04-2021, 15:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
                  Did you try out Gary Hall of Mt. Hayes Air? I've flown with him before and he did me right. I'd fly with him again if it was the right hunt/river etc.

http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/akp...otos_moose.htm
                  I did call them and It went right to voicemail, but there was a message that said they no longer do air taxi or transport.

Comment

First call I made was to Mt. Hayes Air out of Delta Junction. It went directly to voicemail, but they had a message on there stating that they no longer were offering air taxi or transport services. I called Golden Eagle (also out of Delta) and spoke with Jim; he was all booked up during the dates I was wanting to fly out, but referred me to Wright Air in Fairbanks, who he said was the last outfit he personally knew that still flies in to that area. I called Wright and the lady on the phone said my call was very timely because they only had one more spot left for DM772. It wasn't exactly where I was hoping to get to, but due to the seemingly limited options and it being their last spot, I booked it. That was about ten days ago.
                    I called around 12 places today in either Delta Junction or Fairbanks and the only people that might have a spot are Trinity air and Denali hunt. Starting to look into buying one of these Solar inflatable jet boats because I don't have any hope of getting flown in anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by audio907 View Post

I called around 12 places today in either Delta Junction or Fairbanks and the only people that might have a spot are Trinity air and Denali hunt. Starting to look into buying one of these Solar inflatable jet boats because I don't have any hope of getting flown in anymore.
                      Yeah, I heard options were pretty limited for air taxis in that area nowadays before putting in, but I suppose I got lucky. I wish you the best and will try and remember to drop you a PM if I hear of anything that could help you out.

One thing now though - Someone did tell me there is an outfit in Healy that will fly you in for DM772, but they charge a small ransom. I never got the name or followed up with that as I was able to book with Wright, just thought I'd pass that along.

Comment

Yeah, I heard options were pretty limited for air taxis in that area nowadays before putting in, but I suppose I got lucky. I wish you the best and will try and remember to drop you a PM if I hear of anything that could help you out.

One thing now though - Someone did tell me there is an outfit in Healy that will fly you in for DM772, but they charge a small ransom. I never got the name or followed up with that as I was able to book with Wright, just thought I'd pass that along.
                        I will call in Healy I guess just to check it out, my buddy was going to call in Glenallen so we will see! Good luck come this fall!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X