Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions: About Setting Up a Hand Cannon for Longer Range Hunting.....???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmokeRoss
    replied
    Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    I have a 2x8 Leopold on my 15" 7mm/08. I can pick off clay pigeons at 220 yards with it without a problem. The others carry 2x's. The 10" 30/30, .357 Maximum, and .44 magnum. The .445 Supermag carries I think a 1.5. They are all 200 yard guns easily. I plan on taking one on a goat hunt. Lots lighter than a rifle.
    I considered taking the XP 100 in .223 with a Leupold scope, but ended up taking the Winchester in .300 mag.

Leave a comment:

• PRDATR
    replied
    They are basically 200 yards guns so a 1.5 or 2X is plenty.

Leave a comment:

• AKBEE
    replied
    I used Leupold 2x on SuperRedhawk shooting Garrett loads, a couple of TC’s (30-30 and 45-70). The scopes never failed and to be honest, I think the lower power helped me shoot better more quickly as it does not magnify any unsteadiness. For the calibers/ranges I was shooting scoped handguns, 2x was enough. I think it would be a blast popping targets or varmints at long range with a smaller/faster cartridge and higher magnification.

Leave a comment:

• Daveinthebush
    replied
    I have a 2x8 Leopold on my 15" 7mm/08. I can pick off clay pigeons at 220 yards with it without a problem. The others carry 2x's. The 10" 30/30, .357 Maximum, and .44 magnum. The .445 Supermag carries I think a 1.5. They are all 200 yard guns easily. I plan on taking one on a goat hunt. Lots lighter than a rifle.

Leave a comment:

• Questions: About Setting Up a Hand Cannon for Longer Range Hunting.....???

I am looking to either reconfigure my 10" FREEDOM ARMS with a 2.5-8X EER Leupold. Or start over.

I have an e-mail sent to Freedom Arms Ref. shortening the barrel, and if that will be any problem because it has a carbide forcing cone being pinned through the receiver.

I have not been happy with the 2.5-8 EER Scope, not a quality issue, just over powerful. Is the straight 2.5X EER Leupold the best all around choice as far as holding up to heavy recoil......??

Also wanting to shift from fixed rings to QR Rings. Are people still going with three rings for QR set up...?

Thanks for help.
    Last edited by AGL4now; 02-21-2021, 21:30.

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X