What did you draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steven_JR View Post
    I was fortunate enough to draw DC485 (Unit 13 caribou) and DM424 (JBER archery moose). !
    I've been trying to draw that too. I have base access, can stay at the base campground and have military friends there. Best of luck to you!

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by Doug in Alaska View Post

I suppose I should have worded my post a little better. Just get tired of seeing all the permits that are wasted because the winner wasn't aware of the cost or logistics so fails to hunt. A waste in my opinion. Doesn't take much to do a little research on the permit before applying. JMHO
      I used to feel that way, but once I finally stepped back and thought through things, I realized it is all part of the system. If every permit got hunted for, it would result in an overharvest for the hunts. If permits were only given to people who did all the research and would actually hunt a permit, they wouldn't be able to give out nearly as many permits. Really, it isn't taking an opportunity away from another hunter in the big picture. I still find myself get a slight twinge of frustration at times, but have to remind myself that if those people were not part of the system and applying for permits, I would be competing with fewer other people for fewer available permits, resulting in the same odds of drawing that I had the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post

I've been trying to draw that too. I have base access, can stay at the base campground and have military friends there. Best of luck to you!

Appreciate that! I've got a few friends who work on base, so I'm hoping they'll be able to keep tabs and give me reports through the summer to supplement my own scouting. I grew up in PA where archery season was 2+ months long, and quick evening hunts after work/school were the norm. Looking forward to having similar opportunities during this hunt, as opposed to the 'all eggs in one 7-day logistically challenging basket' hunt that is more of the norm for AK. Especially the part where I'll be able to look at the weather at lunch and decide I need to take off from work because it just feels like the type of day I should go hunting. Of course, that might be everyday if I'm not too careful....

Comment

I drew nothing as par for the course. On the other hand, my wonderful wife drew an antlerless tag for 413. This is a pretty amazing feat, especially since she drew a 414 tag 2 years ago. That bit of luck rolled over into a backyard harvest here on the property on Dec. 1, 2019, first light. This new tag will be a November harvest , which should work out just fine here for an instant replay. Hopefully!!

Comment

Zero for me. Wife and kids got dg720 x 2, dg472, dc485 x2.
            Www.blackriverhunting.com
            Master guide 212

Comment

I drew DG008, might be able to find a meat Billy!
              "Mountains are not fair or unfair, they are just dangerous" ~ Reinhold Messner

Comment

I drew DG720 and DM788 . . . the goat tag is cool. Just need to figure out a million things and work-out 6 days a week until then . . . Gotta be ready!

Comment

Dg478 for me. Kodiak South road system. My buddy had the same tag a few years ago and we killed a 9 5/8 Billy. I also was reissued my North Karluk River bear tag for 2022 that was canceled last spring due to the pandemic. My wife also has the valley antlerless November tag...413 I think. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by akfunhog View Post
                    Hit gold with DS160. Any advice or hints would be much appreciated.
                    It's been a while since I drew that tag, but it's a great tag if you get the time to properly hunt. I flew in with Wiederkehr Air out of Palmer into the Coal Cr drainage and landed on the upper landing strip. Saw a lots of sheep, a big billie and some bears. Although I didn't get a ram, it was more about me not being truly ready and taking the time than it was about anything else. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by ak rob View Post
                      Was lucky wife an i got any bull tags on the kenai peninsula dm514
                      Congratulations! I got a Draw tag for DM514 this year also...

Comment

Originally posted by akfunhog View Post
                        Hit gold with DS160. Any advice or hints would be much appreciated.
                        I drew the same tag, but have no intell. Got my dates reserved with Meekins last week. Sending you a PM.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X