X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS 103 and DC827

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post

I tried the search feature and only got 1 hit, your post. I then went out to the main page where the Search is in the upper right hand corner. There I got 2 pages of hits. It might help you to try the Search feature as others have posted they drew it in the past. PM them and they "might" help you.
      This is the first thing I did. There is 2 pages of fluff.

Comment

DS204, 3rd time in 12 years, 2 for 2 so far.

Comment

We got zip. Iíve been putting in for TMA for almost 3 decades now and have yet to draw.<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

DC827 for me out of 6 different tags !

Comment

I'm totally amazed that people put in for permits in areas they have no knowledge of. Blows me away when people win a permit and then want to know all about the area. Wow! I can understand the Delta Bison permit, winners wanting info on land owner's property but that's about it. Okay, I'll shut the heck up.
              Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug in Alaska View Post
                I'm totally amazed that people put in for permits in areas they have no knowledge of. Blows me away when people win a permit and then want to know all about the area. Wow! I can understand the Delta Bison permit, winners wanting info on land owner's property but that's about it. Okay, I'll shut the heck up.
                Here are my favorites ~ Wow, I can't believe it costs $8k to hunt nunivak ox???? What do you mean Ahtna charges $1,500 to hunt bison on their property. Wow, getting to Unimak is a logistical nightmare!!!!
                In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

Originally posted by tlingitwarrior View Post

Here are my favorites ~ Wow, I can't believe it costs $8k to hunt nunivak ox???? What do you mean Ahtna charges $1,500 to hunt bison on their property. Wow, getting to Unimak is a logistical nightmare!!!!
                  Yep. I don't mind those who ask for added details - there's really no reason to be an expert on a draw area if you've never had the tag. I didn't learn much about DCUA until I had the tag. That said, one should at least have a general idea about logistics and expense involved. I would love to hunt elk and musk ox someday, but I don't currently apply for the tags because it would be tough for me to take the necessary time off and because it's more expensive than I'm willing to pay for at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug in Alaska View Post
                    Ok, I'll bite. I can't help but take a little exception to this seeing how I just recently created a post asking for any information on a draw tag that I have never had before.

So, are people only supposed to put in for areas they are familiar with? Some people just like getting out in country that is new to their eyes. A completely different landscape; completely different terrain; completely different challenges; I know I do.

As Brian already stated, having a general idea on logistics, cost associated, and the MEANS to make it happen should be all that are necessary to put your name in the hat; and personally, I have never done so if I can't check all three boxes. Simply having no knowledge of an area because you have yet to have the opportunity to go should not prevent someone from wanting to get in there. Just my opinion....
                    Last edited by Johnny Bruin; 6 days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Bruin View Post

Ok, I'll bite. I can't help but take a little exception to this seeing how I just recently created a post asking for any information on a draw tag that I have never had before.

So, are people only supposed to put in for areas they are familiar with? Some people just like getting out in country that is new to their eyes. A completely different landscape; completely different terrain; completely different challenges; I know I do.

As Brian already stated, having a general idea on logistics, cost associated, and the MEANS to make it happen should be all that are necessary to put your name in the hat; and personally, I have never done so if I can't check all three boxes. Simply having no knowledge of an area because you have yet to have the opportunity to go should not prevent someone from wanting to get in there. Just my opinion....
                      Nail on the head. Over the past 2 years I've drawn DC827 and DC590. I knew absolutely nothing about the areas before putting in, but I knew that I'd want air support to make them happen. I got zero issues with guys getting on here and asking general questions about these tags. There are exceptions to this, as I detailed in my earlier post.
                      In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

DG361 Halibut Cove Goat- I've hiked it a couple times but 1st goat hunt for me!

Comment

Originally posted by kmoore View Post
                          <br/><br/>I drew DG342 as well. I have all summer to scout around but if you have some good advice Iím all ears! Thanks<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          See post #38
                          Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Bruin View Post

I suppose I should have worded my post a little better. Just get tired of seeing all the permits that are wasted because the winner wasn't aware of the cost or logistics so fails to hunt. A waste in my opinion. Doesn't take much to do a little research on the permit before applying. JMHO
                            Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

I got a fall kodiak bear tag in my dads guide area and a winter nunivak musk ox permit. Super stoked for this and very surprised I drew anything. First time in 7 years.

Comment

I was fortunate enough to draw DC485 (Unit 13 caribou) and DM424 (JBER archery moose). Looking forward to taking the family caribou hunting this fall, as well as a long season to chase moose close to home. It'll be my first time hunting on base, so lots to learn. Fortunately DM424 seems to be a perennial favorite for discussions on this forum, so lots of reading in my future. If you've had that tag previously and wouldn't mind sharing any tips, please feel free to DM me! And if you've posted about JBER on base previously, don't be surprised if I reach out at some point for a few questions. Won't do that though until I've gone through the history though!

Congrats to all the winners, may your hunt planning be memories in the making!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X