Lost gun Seattle Creek area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost gun Seattle Creek area

My buddy, who doesn’t post on the forum, lost a shotgun on Saturday in the Seattle creek area off the Denali. Hoping that maybe someone came across it? He can describe it to a T.

Thanks for any help ahead of time.

I don't understand how someone could lose a gun.

Comment

Well, we were bird hunting with 5 kiddos and cleaned the birds up. Left without the gun and came back 2 hours later (once we realized it was left behind) and it was gone.

I dreaded even posting this, because there’s so much negativity on this site. I’m sure you’ve never left anything behind Bushwacker, and good for you if you never have. I just hate this freaking site, but figured I’d try to help a buddy out.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCajun View Post
        Well, we were bird hunting with 5 kiddos and cleaned the birds up. Left without the gun and came back 2 hours later (once we realized it was left behind) and it was gone.

I dreaded even posting this, because there’s so much negativity on this site. I’m sure you’ve never left anything behind Bushwacker, and good for you if you never have. I just hate this freaking site, but figured I’d try to help a buddy out.
        It happens. My ex old lady left a Winchester .270 on the roof of our car a long time ago. Luckily I heard it fall off onto the trunk. It then hit the pavement. Didn't fare too well. I found a gun in the highway last year and posted all over social media and informed the Troopers No one came forward to claim it, and it was never reported as lost to the Troopers.
        Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

I dreaded even posting this, because there's so much negativity on this site. I'm sure you've never left anything behind Bushwacker, and good for you if you never have. I just hate this freaking site, but figured I'd try to help a buddy out.
          Owning our mistakes and being strong enough to face the consequences, including sometimes less than sensitive criticism, is part of growing up. Don't blame this website if a jury of your peers doesn't handle you with kid gloves. I sincerely hope your buddy gets his gun back, and nobody gets injured or killed with it in the meantime. Good on you for making every effort toward that end.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
          I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
          The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Once again, negativity, why would one immediately resort to thinking that someone would get injured or killed by a lost gun? Seriously?!!! The gun wasn’t loaded, so I guess you’d blame my buddy, or worse, the gun for someone getting injured or killed? This place is worse than Facebook.

Comment

Well spoken, RajinCajun. A couple of years ago I had an accidental firearm discharge (no one harmed) and was going to write a post as a lesson learned. I changed my mind after realizing I’d be bombarded with negativity and pompous speeches as to what I should have done or what they’d have done, etc.

Comment

Once again, negativity, why would one immediately resort to thinking that someone would get injured or killed by a lost gun? Seriously?!!! The gun wasn't loaded, so I guess you'd blame my buddy, or worse, the gun for someone getting injured or killed? This place is worse than Facebook.
                SMH. Grow up, for crying out loud.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Wow. This place has not changed in the ten or so years I've been gone. LOL

Same old know-it-all keyboard warriors, still doing the same ****.

Sorry for your loss, RaginCajun. Had it happen to me after loading a bear near my bait station one time. Took three weeks, but guilt got to the finder of my lever gun and he contacted me. Hope the same happens for you.

-- Taylor

Comment

Most of us generally agree about the attitude that often consumes this site, but I don't think the negativity on this particular thread is as strong as you're making it out to be. You're just stoking the fire, which doesn't make you any better. Notice how quickly it escalated after a person said "I don't understand how..." I also don't understand how. It's also never happened to me and it I'm also not calling anyone an idiot for it.

Comment

Be sure to post on Facebook hunting sites as well, if you have not done so yet.
                      ArcticBird Dog assoc
                      Alaska-Yukon NAVDHA
                      etc.
                      many of those club members are out hunting ptarmigan, may have run across it.
                      good luck in your search!

Comment

Years ago a friend of mine left his rifle in the outhouse that used to be at the end of North Rd at Captain Cook Park. He took it in for bear protection. I picked him up. He bailed into the truck and off we went. Several miles later he says, "MY Gun. I left it in the outhouse." We hurried back. Luckily it was still there.
                        Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Thanks Grey for the info. Yeah, we do not do Facebook, but my wife has an account for her business, so I’ll see if she can post something. I definitely appreciate the help!! Also thanks Marc for the response!

Comment

My bad, I wasn't trying to be judgmental. I've lost crap before. I was once on a sheep hunt one time and lost a spotting scope. Granted it was a little bit different situation. We were on a stalk on a ram and we were just about to close the distance to the final shot and I opted to leave the spotting scope behind after assessing his legality and come back for it later. The funny thing was that we didn't forget about the spotting scope, we simply could not find it anywhere. We looked for that stupid thing for about an hour and it was getting late and cold and we had a sheep to pack out so we gave up. It was a pretty junky spotting scope that was a freebie that I found abandoned on a gravel bar so it wasn't really a big loss.

I really wasn't trying to judge or criticize your friend. S%&t happens as they say. I'm just really shocked. When I'm out in the bush I always keep my gun by my side 24/7 and I never lose sight of it. It's just one of those things that I'm kinda OCD about I guess. I just find it hard to believe, but I know accidents happen and believe me I've made lots of stupid mistakes before so I'm not judging.

Please accept my apology. Sometimes my comments can be taken as a little coarse and rude, but it wasn't intentional. Hope your buddy finds his gun.

Comment

Originally posted by injun joe View Post
                              Most of us generally agree about the attitude that often consumes this site, but I don't think the negativity on this particular thread is as strong as you're making it out to be. You're just stoking the fire, which doesn't make you any better. Notice how quickly it escalated after a person said "I don't understand how..." I also don't understand how. It's also never happened to me and it I'm also not calling anyone an idiot for it.
                              Thanks Injun Joe. I think you understood where I was coming from. I was just shocked and confused how it happened is all.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X