Macomb Herd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macomb Herd

Has anyone done this hunt on bikes? Looking to do it, but have no knowledge of it at all. My bike trailer should be here soon, so hoping to go up near the end of the hunt. Thanks. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do you planning on accessing? I've done this hunt a couple times, hiked in never used the bikes. I have a buddy that used bikes for the first couple miles then hiked. I would be doing it again if it wasn't for the fact that I'm stuck at work for the entire hunt time.

Note: My Avatar is a pic I took on that hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by AKducks View Post
      Where do you planning on accessing? I've done this hunt a couple times, hiked in never used the bikes. I have a buddy that used bikes for the first couple miles then hiked. I would be doing it again if it wasn't for the fact that I'm stuck at work for the entire hunt time.
      <br/><br/>Iím not sure when I plan on doing it yet. Kinda depends on when my trailer arrives. Once it does, then Iíll be good to go. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My advice would be to go in at 12 Mile crossing. As long as Jarvis is crossable it is a pretty solid trail that gets you into caribou country.

Comment

Originally posted by D.W.T View Post
          My advice would be to go in at 12 Mile crossing. As long as Jarvis is crossable it is a pretty solid trail that gets you into caribou country.
          <br/><br/>12 mile crossing? <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been wanting to do the Dry Creek trail for years, from what I understand it's steeper and slicker than snot....
            "Ė Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

Originally posted by cdubbin View Post
              I've been wanting to do the Dry Creek trail for years, from what I understand it's steeper and slicker than snot....
              <br/><br/>I was just looking at maps and it definitely looks a lot steeper than the Jarvis side. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The McComb herd is scattered into strange areas where we normally never see caribou.

Twelve Mile Crossing of Jarvis Creek could be very hazardous as rains continue.

Comment

VernAK, what do you mean by strange areas? I'm headed up next weekend to hunt the Macomb herd. Thanks in adavance!

Comment

TintedSnow, I'll be up there for the Macomb herd hunt next weekend, but in a different area than you. If my route turns out to be a bust, the plan for next year is to bike in to the McCumber Creek area just like you are going to do. Shoot me a message after your hunt so we can compare experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Flydaho View Post
                      TintedSnow, I'll be up there for the Macomb herd hunt next weekend, but in a different area than you. If my route turns out to be a bust, the plan for next year is to bike in to the McCumber Creek area just like you are going to do. Shoot me a message after your hunt so we can compare experiences.
                      <br/><br/>I just sent you a PM. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X