Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evidence of Sex

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Evidence of Sex

    Hi folks. Most of you are familiar with the "Evidence of Sex" requirement pertaining to meat salvage in bull-only or cow-only hunts. I am finishing up a book on meat and trophy care and thought I had photos I needed for this, but cannot seem to find them. Does anyone out there have photos depicting evidence of sex left naturally attached to a moose or caribou quarter?

    Thanks!
    Michael Strahan
    Site Owner
    Alaska Hunt Consultant
    1 (907) 229-4501

  • #2
    I can't find any pics at this time, but if I am lucky to harvest this fall I will take pics and share. Thinking about doing a video on one man parting of moose or caribou, but it depends on success donchaknow LOL
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

    Comment


    • #3
      After gutting a couple hundred animals where you didn't have to leave a ball, I still sometimes catch myself before I carve that stuff off.
      Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

      Comment


      • #4
        Here's a photo of the "evidence" from a 3-yr old bull. The quarter was around 70 lbs if I remember correctly.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	proof.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.5 KB ID:	2758987

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ten80 View Post
          Here's a photo of the "evidence" from a 3-yr old bull. The quarter was around 70 lbs if I remember correctly.
          Click image for larger version Name:	proof.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.5 KB ID:	2758987
          For future reference if you want to keep things a bit cleaner in the meat bag, you don't need to leave the fur on - the skinned out penis sheath is adequate for evidence of sex. What you did certainly works, but if you want to keep more hair off the meat, skinning it all out keeps things a bit cleaner.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Brian M View Post

            For future reference if you want to keep things a bit cleaner in the meat bag, you don't need to leave the fur on - the skinned out penis sheath is adequate for evidence of sex. What you did certainly works, but if you want to keep more hair off the meat, skinning it all out keeps things a bit cleaner.
            Agreed, that's my plan for next time. The learning curve is never ending. We were fortunate to have near-freezing temperatures, dry weather, and zero bugs which kept the quarter in prime condition despite a little hair.

            Comment


            • #7
              A single testicle works too, you don't have to keep the sheath if you don't want to.

              Comment


              • #8
                Haha, I keep chuckling to myself. I can't help but think that this thread is about to get swamped with d**k pic's.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KantishnaCabin View Post
                  A single testicle works too, you don't have to keep the sheath if you don't want to.
                  That's what I do. Just leave one nut if it's a whole animal, or one nut on each hind.
                  Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ive demonstrated leaving evidence of sex naturally attached in many of my videos. you're welcome to capture a still shot of a clean jimmy job. If you can't, let me know and i'll send you one without hair and nut sack. all that's required is the smallest clean penis sheath sample left attached. Wouldn't recommend publishing a full intact bush (too much source bacteria on hair).

                    lb
                    https://pristineventures.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I remember what I asked my naive hunting partner, I,ll take the picture but you shot it. He asked what do you mean? Got to the have evidence of sex! He said really! Was pretty funny for a while!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kk alaska View Post
                        I remember what I asked my naive hunting partner, I,ll take the picture but you shot it. He asked what do you mean? Got to the have evidence of sex! He said really! Was pretty funny for a while!
                        But did you get a good picture???!!!
                        Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Brian M View Post

                          For future reference if you want to keep things a bit cleaner in the meat bag, you don't need to leave the fur on - the skinned out penis sheath is adequate for evidence of sex. What you did certainly works, but if you want to keep more hair off the meat, skinning it all out keeps things a bit cleaner.
                          Instead of skinning, what I do is as follows (with bulls only): I take a one gallon or larger Zip-Lock, or any small plastic bag, put it over the area (balls, whatever), then take a long (over 10") plastic Zip tie and closet around the top of the bag tightly. This way urine and hair stays away from the rest of the leg.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RayfromAK View Post
                            Instead of skinning, what I do is as follows (with bulls only): I take a one gallon or larger Zip-Lock, or any small plastic bag, put it over the area (balls, whatever), then take a long (over 10") plastic Zip tie and closet around the top of the bag tightly. This way urine and hair stays away from the rest of the leg.
                            The urine is not an issue if you just leave about a 4” section of the skinned out sheath attachment to one hind quarter, done deal all they need to see.

                            Comment

                            Footer Adsense

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X