My first grizzly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first grizzly

Some may not like the story as told, but it’s my true story. Last week, I was fortunate to be able to harvest my first grizzly bear. My wife and I had actually been hunting for three days on the Denali Highway (only seeing one small bear, lots of rain, and cold temps) and were headed home when two grizzly bears crossed the road in front of us. I pulled over, there was a pull-out right there, got off the edge of the the road and took a 123 yard off hand shot with the .375 H&H at what was the darker bear (figuring it for the boar and it was). It was all over, except for the photos and work. We got it skinned and quartered in 2 hours with not a single mosquito. It has very nice fur and claws. Looking forward to some grizzly bear chili and some sausages and brats. I’m very happy and feeling blessed.

Nice! That's a beautiful looking bear. As for how the hunt went down, sometimes that's how it goes - no reason to pass up an opportunity that is presented to you, especially after all of the effort you already put in. Congratulations!

Comment

That's a good one. Looks like there aren't any rubs on the hide. Are you doing a rug? Were you on the Cantwell side?

Comment

Good for you!
        Furry vermin down

Comment

Nice Bear!!!! The Moose and Caribou also 'Thank you'!!

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti4me View Post
            That's a good one. Looks like there aren't any rubs on the hide. Are you doing a rug? Were you on the Cantwell side?
            . Yes, I’m going to get this one rugged; the hide was nice. Yes, on the Cantrell side, Mile 99 just east of Clearwater Creek Lodge.

Comment

Congrats! I second what Brian said as well. No reason to feel bad about it. It was the circumstances that presented themselves so it is what it is.

sigpic

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Comment

Nicely done.

Comment

Why would anyone not like that hunt? Doubt there's anyone reading who wouldn't do the same. Interested to hear how the eating goes! Might want plenty of pork in those sausage!!
                    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
                    I have less friends now!!

Comment

Not bad at all! That's a good bear!
                      Michael Strahan
                      Site Owner
                      Alaska Hunt Consultant
                      1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Congrats!! Nice looking bear. Love hunting grizz and enjoying the time away from home with family

Comment

Congrats!!! Its nice to get an easy one every once in a while, LOL!

Comment

Congrats! Nice Bear.

Comment

Very Nice bear, And don't worry about how you killed it. If you choose to hunt grizz again I doubt you will ever have a similar opportunity again so you were smart taking that bear when it gave you an "Easy" opportunity to do so. And I am also glad to hear that you are eating the grizzly.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X