Want to go musk ox hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to go musk ox hunting?

If you've got the money and time, you can hunt one of two musk ox stranded on a 15 acre island off the coast of Nunivak.

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2020/05...nunivak-coast/

I heard that this morning, but was curious about whether the surrounding villages through which you would have to transit would have travel restrictions and how that would impact hunting that?

Comment

Seems a bit risky, tags were issued since Mar 21. How do you know they are even still there? Wouldn’t the locals who spotted them be the first back? And yes the intrastate travel restrictions are still in effect.

Comment

That said I would love to hunt a musk ox!

Comment

Originally posted by wildwilderness View Post
          Seems a bit risky, tags were issued since Mar 21. How do you know they are even still there? Wouldn’t the locals who spotted them be the first back? And yes the intrastate travel restrictions are still in effect.
          <br/><br/>Yeah, you’d think a local would go out and make quick work of these. Then again, perhaps it’s worth more to them as a transport fee for a non-local hunter.<br/><br/>Definitely not the kind of “hunt” I’d prefer to do for a musk ox, but wouldn’t blame someone for jumping on it!

Comment

Yeah it would suck to go to all the trouble and expense to go on this hunt, and then get there and find 2 gut piles where a local had already knocked them off.
            Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Two months on an island approximately 15 acres in size and having no freshwater source and little vegetation. I doubt they are still alive.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X