Bou question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bou question

Just thought I'd throw out a question about different calibers and bou. What is your preferred caliber and grain load to hunt caribou?
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Service Member.

7mm Rem Mag, 154 grain Hornaday spire point. However I have taken two with a .375 H&H 250 grain Kodiak Bonded bullet. Neither took more than a step.

Comment

I dont really have a favorite but when I had my 270 shooting 150gr speers, I was real impressed.

Comment

Allot of people I have seen have used 150 to 180grn.

For me it's a 100grn muzzy head on a gold tip arrow
        Living the Alaskan Dream
        Gary Keller
        Anchorage, AK

Comment

Find a flat shooter

7mm Rem. Mag. and 180 grain .300 H&H are my favorites for 'bou. Anything that is a real flat shooter (a lot of times you will be taking shots well over a 100 yards) is optimal.

Comment

100 grn .243

Comment

Up here our shots are very long because of the lack of cover. I shoot a 270 and a 308 and I like a 130 grain as it shoots flat and does less meat dammage on the way out.

Comment

300 WSM and 168 grain TSX bullets.

Comment

Caribou Load

I will be using a .338 Win Mag. and 250 gr. X bullets. this fall. The 30-06 and 180 gr. X bullets we also use kills them just as dead.

Comment

keep it simple

No need for anything fancy with caribou. I've never had a problem with the trusty old '06 w/180 grain Accubonds.
                    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
                    James Madison

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X