Airfare to Galena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airfare to Galena

Airfare from Lafayette, LA to Anchorage, AK on Continental...$577.82...(3765 miles one-way)

Airfare from Anchorage to Galena on Frontier Flying Service...$588.40 (350 miles one-way)

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Are there any other services that fly Anchorage to Galena?
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

$$$

Welcome to the sad fact of flying within the state of Alaska. I can't answer your question about other transporters, but do have a thought for you.

If you have frequent flyer miles that can be used in state it is a big help. I have my miles with Alaska Air which allows me to fly in state with them or one of their partners for only a handful of miles in comparison to flying out of state with air miles.

Good luck.

Carnivore
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Comment

Romo

I checked all the prices out about a month ago myself. My math matches yours as per Frontier. That's just the way it is I guess. You can shave exactly $200 off that $588 price (ANC-GAL) and fly from FBK-GAL for $388. Only problem with that is it will cost you well over the $200 savings just to fly from ANC-FBK round trip.

Perhaps you can get that personal chauffeur of yours from Wiggies to drive ya to FBKS

Hey good luck

Comment

Yep

Flying Alaska is not cheap, $1400.00 for 26 min flight in a beaver, hard to take sometimes, but things cost what they cost

Comment

I know. I know. Maybe I can use my buddy's parachute and stowaway on a plane flying over Galena. It will be worth it, however, when I look on my wall and see that 65" bull moose staring right back at me.
          "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Romo, when are you suppose to get here and leave for Galena? Might be cheaper to fly from Fairbanks instead of Anchorage.

Comment

Ya think??

Scroll up a bit

Comment

Originally posted by 379 Peterbilt
                Ya think??

Scroll up a bit
                Yeah I saw your post, i just checked it again to see if the price was still the same. It is.

Comment

The ansure could be

A post by an Alaska Airline employee:

__________________________________________________ _______________
                  "As a career airline employee, I'll say that the goal of most airlines is not to "stick it to" their customers any more than it is the goal of any other business to do the same."
                  __________________________________________________ ______________

He should know,

Comment

AkH45 -- it is cheaper to fly from FAI to Galena, however, it is $500+ cheaper to fly from Louisiana to ANC. I've worked the numbers...

Louisiana to FAI to Galena - most expensive by $300-$400

Louisiana to ANC to Galena and Louisiana to ANC to FAI to Galena is the same.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X