Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll on Hunting Packs

Hi folks,

Lots of discussion here on hunting packs, and I thought a poll might be a good idea. I've never done a poll before, so hopefully I won't mess it up. The only rule is that you have to have used this pack to actually pack meat on an Alaska hunt. If I forgot to include your favorite pack, I apologize!

-Mike
    Kifaru internal frame pack
    12.09%
    Barney's external frame pack
    36.26%
    Cabela's external frame pack
    31.87%
    Camp Trails external frame pack
    12.09%
    Kelty external frame pack
    5.49%
    Coleman
    2.20%
    Michael Strahan
    Site Owner
    Alaska Hunt Consultant
    1 (907) 229-4501

Polls

How did you do the fancy poll? Also, great pic!

Tim

Comment

Great Packs!

I had to vote for the Barney's pack b/c I have never tried any of the others. It did work great for packing a bou 6 miles back to the haul road though. Very comfortable with a heavy load.

TT

Comment

Over the years I've used many different styles and brands of packs, for me, the Barney's work's best and have been useing BSC's pack's for goin on eleven (guide) year's.......Kifaru's are great too as well as some of the other IF brand's.

As most know the "Perfect" pack does not yet exist as they all have a weakness or two............

Comment

Barney's

Gotta go with Barney's pack. I've got a Camp Trails bag on a Barney's frame/strap setup, and the bag is about ready to be replaced...but this setup has carried out plenty of weight without ever letting me down.

Comment

Backpacks

I have tried both the Cabelas and the Barneys and if money is no object obviously the Barneys is great. If you consider price and value Cabelas does make a really nice pack in my opinion.
            I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Comment

Badlands!!!!!

Comment

My Backpack

Eberlestock.

Comment

Packs

None of the above.....Dana Design K2 Longbed

Comment

Bull Pack

Several years ago I decided to try a Bull Pack. I attached an older Kelty Super Tioga bag to it and have been using that for sheep and caribou hunting. Using my old bag kept the cost for a decent setup under $200. The positive aspect for me with this external frame was getting away from the mesh support band that always dug into my shoulder blades. It probably isn't as comfortable as a Barney's, but for someone with a leaner budget its a pretty good frame for the $.

http://www.bullpacks.com

Comment

Hunting packs

I like the Bull pack also seems to be able to fit well and it will hold up well.

Comment

Sorry about that!

Originally posted by bizymocha
                        Eberlestock.
                        Thought I would miss a few. Sorry! No harm intended.

-Mike
                        Michael Strahan
                        Site Owner
                        Alaska Hunt Consultant
                        1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Well, I've used Cabela's and have not had a problem. I've looked at the Barney's pack but could never see anything that justified the very high price. However a friend said he would lend me his and make a believer out of me so we will see. He stated he'd use no other!

Comment

Originally posted by shart
                            Badlands!!!!!

I'll second that!!!! My BADLANDS pack ROCKS.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X