my treestand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my treestand

Thought you guys might like to check out my "Texas Treestand" I made for my Polaris 6x6. Haven't used it hunting yet but am excited to do so. I am thinking it will work well getting me up above that pesky brush on the edge of those fantastic moose'y swamps (and will also give me a dry seat). I have more pics if you want to get a closer look too.

Let me know what you think, should I patent it??

AKmud
    sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

not even any criticizm??

I figured someone would have some sort of a comment....good or bad..
    AKmud
    sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

jaw

you have to give everyone enough time to pick their jaw up off the floor.

Looks nice, for certain country would probably work well. Have you shot a large rifle off of it yet?

Comment

Can't see the pictures from here but it sounds like a great idea.

Comment

treestand

I haven't shot a rifle from it yet, still trying to master getting in and out of it ) It feels quite stable once in it. I have rocked back and forth while up there checking out the suspension flex (very little) and I think it will be great.
          AKmud
          sigpic

Comment

I kinda like it

It seems that if you don't have it parked totally level, it would be very easy to tip it over though. Where's the cup holder?

Comment

cup holder

It is mounted to the box on the front rack.....see the white/green thing by the handlebars? )
              AKmud
              sigpic

Comment

New stand

Absolutely no shame...

You obviously have some particular place in mind, right?

Just tag it before you move it, and take all of it if it's edible. That's all we ask.

Oh yeah, and provide us with a picture!

Taylor

Comment

Trolling for moose

Clever. I think I'd have to take Dramamine to ride up in that thing. Cupholder? Where's the puke pail?

Marc, I started reading your second book the other day; I think you're getting this storytelling thing down. Uh... for a man of your tender years, that's a lot of stories. Any embellishment going on there, or is it all "based on a true story"? :-))

Either way, it's good stuff.

Sheesh! I couldn't find anything unethical to harass you guys about. I'm disappointed...

-Mike
                  Michael Strahan
                  Site Owner
                  Alaska Hunt Consultant
                  1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

That's a pretty cool setup, but you might want to check pg. 15 of the regs before you use it as a shooting platform.

"You must be off or out of a motorized vehicle before shooting."

Comment

Tender 42

Nah. I just seem tender. Comes from having a wife 14 years your junior! I'm STILL very happy about that. Best trophy I've taken to date by far!

And NO, I didn't start dating her when I was in high school.

Glad you're liking the second book. I like that approach better, and the stories are based upon places that I've been but if you keep reading, the outcome is not always a happy one. A few surprises thrown in to keep a reader or a hunter on his/her toes.

When's my special package coming?

Taylor

Comment

you are killing me........

Originally posted by shart
                        That's a pretty cool setup, but you might want to check pg. 15 of the regs before you use it as a shooting platform.

"You must be off or out of a motorized vehicle before shooting."

I just read the regs you quoted.......(bummed) I may have to take a picture to F&G to see if they will let it slide since it is obvious that there is some assembly/setup required and it is not even possible to use in motion or quickly by any means.

Thanks for the heads up tho.....(still bummed)
                        AKmud
                        sigpic

Comment

You may....

be a red neck if you shoot your moose while sitting 4 feet above the seat on your 6 wheeler.
                          Actually pretty neat (I may be a red neck too).
                          Gary
                          I guess that's the kind of response you were looking for?

Comment

be careful

Originally posted by AKmud
                            I just read the regs you quoted.......(bummed) I may have to take a picture to F&G to see if they will let it slide since it is obvious that there is some assembly/setup required and it is not even possible to use in motion or quickly by any means.

Thanks for the heads up tho.....(still bummed)
                            Even if someone at F&G says it's OK be careful. Sometimes the front desk folks at F&G aren't as competent as they should be. The troopers in the field are the ones that will site you and if they interpret that you broke the law they'll put the hammer down on you. I'd honestly doubt F&G would give the OK being that somebody could drive while somebody else shot from the top. If they give you the OK then they'd have to let a lot of other stuff slide too. Give it a try though, and let us know what they say. Sorry to be the stick in the mud, it'd just suck to get busted and lose your wheeler, guns, animal...and whatever else they want to confiscate.

Comment

Hunting???

Wouldn't one you attach to a tree be a little bit lighter...and safer?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X