De721

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De721

Drew East Afognak Elk - either sex. Can anyone recommend a good air taxi for Afognak/Kodiak.

Thanks

Sea Hawk

Do yourself a favor... Call Rolan - Sea Hawk air...

Top notch!

http://www.seahawkair.com/

If at all possible schedule an hour or so of scout time... Will be the difference.
    Winmag

Comment

WinMag

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

I agree with WinMag, call Seahawk Air. I've flown with them three times, twice to Zachar Bay on Kodiak and once to Afognak for elk. Be prepared for a tough hunt, at least that was my experience. A buddy and I drew a party permit a few years back and hunted out of Katoi Bay. We hunted 10 days and killed 2 elk, I also took a very nice blacktail buck while we were there, saw lots of deer. We finally located the elk on day 8 of the hunt. Most of our area was non-motorized but there are lots of logging roads. We hunted on mountain bikes. Hey, if you want some excitement, try carrying a 70 pound pack and your rifle on a mountain bike. Yeeha, the down hill sections of road are a real hoot!! Dang near broke my nose a couple times! Anyway, congrats and have fun but keep an eye on the bears - they are huge on Afognak.
        Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X