X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• akndres
    replied
    enough is enough

I have enjoyed this site for several years now, admittedly as a silent participant. I have read the good and the bad this forum has discussed. Like most, I take the info I need and purge the info I don't. However this thread could not be ignored. After looking at the WHA site I was compelled, as I hope many of you were, to write the "commissioner". Here is my letter

Dear “Commissioner”,

After looking at your site, I feel your organization will severely tarnish the image of the hunting community. Hunters are already on the defensive in many parts of the country when it comes to hunting privileges and areas to hunt. Now, with your organization hosting money tournaments to kill deer, you are only fueling the anti-hunting agenda’s fire. I understand these animals are not wild (or maybe they are wild inside their fence), and as livestock the landowner has the right to harvest them as such (I would not want someone telling me what I can/can not do with my livestock on my own land). However, to the unknowing public it looks as though we (hunters) are killing animals for ego, money, notoriety, and ratings. I will not support a tournament/organization that glorifies the killing of animals for money. Also, give the meat to those that are less fortunate (as you should). However, don’t disguise it. You and your “hunters” are merely exploiting a means to dispose of the carcasses you had no intention of utilizing to begin with. Since feeding the hungry justifies your wanton waste, then your organization is truly detrimental to hunting and our heritage.

Growing up in rural West Virginia, I have been privileged to hunt since I was five years old. I was taught respect for nature, weapons, landowners, and the less fortunate. I have taken deer to feed my family and elderly neighbors, the rule being “If your not going to eat it, don’t shoot it”. I have hunted Louisiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, North Dakota, Alaska, and Texas for deer, hogs, small game, bear, sheep, moose, caribou, and wolf. All of my hunts have been “do-it-yourself” (a point of pride). I have never hunted fenced game farms, “air-dropped” into the “herd”, or treated the game I’m pursuing as livestock (there for the taking). The pursuit is the excitement, not the kill. Hunting is a privilege, not a right. I don’t take this for granted, and I have very little patience for “hunters” that want the easy hunt/trophy animal result. Far too many hunters are losing perspective on what it means to be a hunter. Why is self-worth and animal worth dependant on the depth of the hunter’s pockets? If you don’t harvest a “book” animal then your outing wasn’t a success, or in your case, if you don’t win the money. When was the last time a doe was a trophy for you? I do feel that your organization’s trivialization of hunting will have severe consequences for me and other hunters, in the eyes of the public. I understand that you enjoy hunting, as I do, but don’t sacrifice our ability to hunt in the future for a quick dollar today.

Remember, when you go on television you are no longer on your land in Michigan. You are on a national stage, a stage that has an audience of children, anti-hunters, hunters, and the undecided. Which audience is your intended target? What about the others? Bass, walleye, catfish, and other fishing tournaments are just as wrong as you are. However, at least the perception is there that the fish are returned back unharmed. Six dead deer per hunter (Each Hunter will be allowed to harvest 4 does, 1 management buck, and 1 trophy buck for a total of 6 deer. Specific requirements and scoring for the above will be further described in Addendum A will not have the same perception. I will not stand beside you, your organization, or your sponsors. I sincerely hope my letter, and the letters of many others, will give you some perspective into what you’re doing.

Sincerely,

Gary Duffield II
    Grand Forks, North Dakota

I sent my response in, and I hope everyone else who is apart of this forum will also.

</SPAN>

Leave a comment:

• dwhunter
    replied
    WHA

I spent some time with David Farbman and Matt Trissel of WHA while in Fairbanks in September. These guys are dead set on getting this thing off the ground, I obliged them and sat through their new 30 min promotional video and came to the same conclusion that I have had since day one and that is that this will in fact hurt our industry and nothing more than that.

They are dead set in that they believe that they are truly going to help by recruiting more hunters, thus helping the industry and gaining more hunters to ultimately help support our hunting rights.

I was very passionate in telling them that I truly believed just the opposite would be the case and that I would in fact not support those sponsors that support their program.

They did admit that after the outcry with their initial business plan they had no choice but to scrap it and start over but this new plan with killing the animals was being better accepted. Personally I can't see this as truth and from those I have spoken with they feel the same as most of us here on the board.

I would keep watching because I do not see this lasting long as I truly believe the industry will not let them hang around.

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Snyd
    replied
    I think Nugent has his own fenced in lands that he hunts. I'm not so sure about him anymore...

Leave a comment:

• negative50
    replied
    Hit 'em hard

Want to do some read damage? How about contacting the ranch thats hosting the event... http://www.lstarrow.com/index_files/contactus.htm. I couldn't find an e-mail address but they do have a toll free number. I'm sure a couple hundred calls a day might start to wear on their nerves. Also lets not forget The Nuge. He's a hardcore like most of us and he lives in Michigan. I'm sure this has him as fired up as all of us are. http://www.tednugent.com/customer_service.shtml

Leave a comment:

• Alaskacanoe
    replied
    pay per hit site

I did a check and yes WHA is paying per hit if you hit on their ad.
    this is how it works.
    http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp...&s=Y&s2=S&b=25

the higher you are up on the list, the more you pay as you bid for postition and exposer.
    if we all hit the ad, and wait for it to register that we went to the site, they will be charged for that hit. it may be 10 cents per hit or over a dollar per hit depending on how they bid for that exposer.
    Don't just go to their site, you must click on their ad for them to get charged , so everytime you see the ad, or it comes up in the search engine either above the numbered listing or over to the right in the listings from the search.
    lets get in their pockets, and then let them know that is what we are doing. I am emailing them today letting them know that we will be hitting the ads and not viewing the site, so they will be charged for the false visit.
    Max

Leave a comment:

• F-16Pointy
    replied
    ESPN article with feedback

I have been trying to contact everyone that deals with this tard. ESPN did a story and has a feedback section. Here is the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/h...ory?id=2474274

Leave a comment:

• Sharkman
    replied
    Petition

Found this on another board. http://www.petitiononline.com/russell/petition.html

Leave a comment:

• chris112
    replied
    Boycott the sponsers, and let them know there is a reason that their sales are both down and will stay down.

Leave a comment:

• Kelly Smith
    replied
    Keep on thinkin'

It's good to see that there has been near-unanimous opposition to the WHA and their abominations. As Bushrat and others have pointed out, there are other reprehensible actions that "hunters" take, such as high-fence hunts, hunting contests, emphasis on scoring, et al.

Just a nudge for folks not to stop there, but think about the various legal activities that some of us do in the name of hunting. See if you think that they really show respect to the wildlife, the environment, each other. Or do they exist just to give us a greater advantage or to provide thrills or to make things easy? I'm not going to name examples--you can think of your own.

Best to all,
    Kelly

Leave a comment:

• Cheeser
    replied
    I selected "other questions/issues" on their drop down and haven't heard anything back. Makes me wonder if that poor website fellow is gettin inundated with anti-WHO emails. :-)

Leave a comment:

• AKmud
    replied
    no good...

Originally posted by Cheeser
    Here's the "contact us" page from the Polaris website.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-...merService.htm
    I tried this address already and got this response -
    Dear *****,

Thank you for contacting Polaris Consumer Service in regards to the WHA.

Unfortunately, I am only equipped to answer questions regarding the PurePolaris Online Store. Please contact our Corporate Office at 763-542-0500 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm Central Time, Monday through Friday.

We thank you for your inquiry and look forward to your next visit to
    http://www.purepolaris.com/Default.aspx

Sincerely,

John
    Polaris Direct Consumer Service
    1-800-304-6067
    <A href="mailto:consumer.service@purepolaris.com">con sumer.service@purepolaris.com</A>

Leave a comment:

• Cheeser
    replied
    polaris...

Here's the "contact us" page from the Polaris website.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-...merService.htm

Leave a comment:

• AKArcher
    replied
    Every one counts...

Every email to WHA will let them know how they feel if they get the email. I work in an environment where email filtering is a common practice. I am sure the CEO is getting hammered on this air-head of an idea...and has blocked most of the nasty emails he has/is receiving.

It was mentioned earlier...we need to hit the sponsors. This guy can only fund it for so long, and then his pockets will run dry. If the sponsors are loosing business because of their support of this "sport", they may pull their sponsorship. They will be the ones who will put an end to this. Our emails to the WHA about how bad this makes hunting look won't work. The @$$ who started the WHA obviously doesn't care what the true outdoorsmen/women thinks or feels...he just wants to pad his pockets at any and all expenses.

We need to write to the corporate offices of the sponsors, and let them know that this is in no way going to help promote the great sport of hunting; which in a large way supports their businesses. Heck, even to talk to the local dealers (i.e. Polaris) about it, they can send a stink up the chain. They are the ones that are going to suffer if people start boycotting sponsors.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    I sent my nasty gram.

Leave a comment:

• Chisana
    replied
    Sure fur is dollarable, but any wise trapper works in a sustainable manner. In other words they don't sell out their principles for the dollar.

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X