My daughter's first grouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My daughter's first grouse

This is my then 8 year old daughter with her first grouse. Made a great head shot with her own Henry Mini-bolt .22. She is going to be a dead eye!

Last edited by AKmud; 05-04-2006, 07:42.
    AKmud
    sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Nice pic. When was that?
    My kids like to hunt and fish too.

Comment

Great picture! I cant wait to have kids. Hopefully I can get them hooked into the outdoors. Lord knows my inlaws arent gonna do it!

Comment

It was last fall

9-11-05, I was getting ready to leave for the weekend on a moose trip when I saw this nice grouse in the yard. She shot the first one while it was still on the ground then two others flew into trees nearby and I got them. Made a nice little dinner!
        AKmud
        sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

Nothing like a nice fresh meal. Even better cooked on the tailgate way out somewhere.

Comment

Can't start them too early.

Comment

great pic!

dead eye for sure.
              Proud to be an American!

Comment

Thats awesome

I bought my son the same little .22 for his 6th birthday and he is deadly with that Litlle Henry. Great feeling aint it. This year he's 8 and shooting a 270 win for black bear and I cant wait to see how it goes down.

Comment

Mini 22

Hello, I have a 10 yr old son. I think he would like the Henry .22 mini-bolt, but I have never heard of it. :-) Where can I find these and how much should they run???\
                  Thanks
                  <*)))><
                  <*)))><

Comment

Henry Minibolt

For kids????? I bought one to stick in my backpack.....fits nicely in my pack and is a handy & accurate small game getter......mine weighs 2lbs.13oz.

Nice little rifle, even for the big kids.

Joe
                    Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

Comment

Mini-bolt

I got mine through a friend with a FFL. Any decent gun shop should be able to find one for you. I got this one just over wholesale and it was around $170 I think. It's a great little rifle, single shot bolt, stainless/synthetic with neat little fiber optic open sights. Trigger needs a little work though (pretty heavy). It is very similar to the chipmunk, but I like the stainless/synthetic better for about the same price.
                      AKmud
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info AKMUD. I may just try to find one...
                        Cute picture too. That is a 6 wheeler? Been looking to buy a 4 or 6 wheeler, how do you like yours???
                        <*)))><
                        <*)))><

Comment

Yep, 6x6

I bought it new in 2004. There is nothing like them unless you get into the Argo type vehicles. There is a little more maintenance since it has drive chains for the rear, but if you keep up on them they aren't any problem. It is very stable and what I like is the load capacity. The factory rates the rear box for 800#. It's not a land speed record breaker but will do 45 without much problem. If you get one, be sure to get the engine braking system. It is a lifesaver! Alaska Power Sports in Anchorage gave my brother in law and I a killer deal on them (we bought two). We got the machine with a 2,500# warn winch, the engine brake system (normally a $500 add on), and hot grips for $7,348 each. I have no complaints whatsoever.
                          AKmud
                          sigpic

Comment

Kid guns!

I managed to pick up a little stevens model 73 single shot for myself! Those little rifles are just to much fun! I bought Savage/Stevens "Favorites" (the current version) for a friends son's when they got old enough. Very accurate and it's a ton of fun to take them out and spend the afternoon popping balloons!
                            "SUA SPONTE"
                            "Illigitmati non Carborundum"

I'm 51..... thats 12 in man years.....

Comment

can't start too early!!

Really nice picture. I've got a three year old son and can't wait to show him how to shoot semi straight, hope your daughter keeps shooting.
                              Jeff H

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X