Ds204 secret spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds204 secret spots

So I drew ds204 and have 2 spots picked out plan A & B. I drew ds203 2 years ago and only had one plan when I showed up and the water was making my plan of attach near impossible I resorted to another drainage with the short time I had was unable to get on a legal ram. Well a wolf decided to push the sheep out of the drainage I was in and just ran out of time. So now have a redemption tag this year. I have been looking in to casnter glacier pretty hard and seems to have a few sheep in there but havenít really spoke with anyone on rams in casnter. The other spot is a secret and was looking for any advice on ram numbers and size in ďthereĒ any advice on the secret spot or casnter??? Iíve already requested time off work from aug 25 - sep 21 so I have plenty of time and hopefully my wife can make it on this hunt with me to experience the brutal torturing experience or solo if she backs out. Thanks

If I were you I would just hire someone to fly you around in early July and scout out the spots your thinking. or hike in there in July (Scout/prep). I helped a buddy get a sheep years ago in a draw area because I saw the ram when I was hiking in the area before season.

Good Luck!

Comment

So you are looking for advice on hunting a "secret spot?"

Comment

sent you a pm.

Casey

Comment

Akduck
          I have already spoke with jim cumming to have him fly me around there this summer sheep sometime are not in the same spots come September they get push around and or have ďsecret hide outsĒ when season come but will also be making a couple scouting trips in there if time allows me.

Redmammoth: yeah but itís my secret spot might be our secret spot if you know where Iím talking about donít know how the ram numbers and sizes have been in the area lately IE; bad winters and what not. Going to the area biologists when I get back that way. Just little pre-pre season intel.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryl View Post
            Akduck
            I have already spoke with jim cumming to have him fly me around there this summer sheep sometime are not in the same spots come September they get push around and or have ďsecret hide outsĒ when season come but will also be making a couple scouting trips in there if time allows me.

Redmammoth: yeah but itís my secret spot might be our secret spot if you know where Iím talking about donít know how the ram numbers and sizes have been in the area lately IE; bad winters and what not. Going to the area biologists when I get back that way. Just little pre-pre season intel.
            Sending you a PM

Comment

If my wife backs out (or even if she doesn't) I'm open to discussing our levels of fitness and experience and perhaps going together, otherwise I may be solo as well. I live in Palmer. Here's what I just posted in the DS204 thread on this site:

Hi Everyone, I've lived in Alaska for 6 years, this will be my first hunt in Alaska and I drew DS204 for this year, it's my first time hunting sheep. I have a wheeler and a wife willing to go with me and my boss is giving me 3 weeks off. I'd very much appreciate any help in managing expectations when it comes to using the wheeler and access points. I'm not looking for anyone's secrets, just a good access point as I'm 48 and not what I used to be since a spectacular motorcycle crash in 2012. Thank you so much for everything I've already learned from this thread.
              Last edited by bee2rad; 08-01-2020, 12:43.

Comment

Secret spots? How about your secret to draw both 203 and 204 in a 3-year period!!!

Comment

Originally posted by akgriz View Post
                  Secret spots? How about your secret to draw both 203 and 204 in a 3-year period!!!
                  I drew DS204 and DS103 in back to back years....no sheep tags in over 10 years since....used up all my luck.

Comment

Rains continue so keep in mind that many creek crossings may be difficult.

When crossing fast streams, unbuckle the waist belt on your pack and put one arm inside the shoulder strap. If you go down in that creek, you need to be free of that pack at once.
                    BTDT!

Comment

Akgriz: that’s my little secret I drew ds109 in 2017 ds203 in 2018 in 2019 i forgot to turn in a grizzly tag for the kenia peninsula so didn’t get to put in 2019 but in 2020 I drew the ds204 so have had sting of good luck.

Comment

I don't think this will be a banner year for sheep hunters in DCUA or TMA as we had a tough winter. I'm not seeing sheep where I usually would this time of year and pilots are reporting minimal sheep sightings. But a hunter still has to get out there and enjoy the mountains.

McComb caribou are appearing in strange places since last spring......WTH?

And the rains continue

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X