Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty soon well have a new forum about people moving back outa state cause the loss of their pfds and a income tax was to much to keep their heads above water.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Comment

Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
      Pretty soon well have a new forum about people moving back outa state cause the loss of their pfds and a income tax was to much to keep their heads above water.
      Better stay here where the virus isn't, as of yet. I have a friend with a daughter in college in NY. They just cancelled all classes the rest of the year and are going to do teleconferencing.

Patriot Life Member NRA
      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
      Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

More like not enough to keep the water out of their trailer...always know the PFD came out when the snazzy new blue tarps start going up...
        " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

Originally posted by cdubbin View Post
          More like not enough to keep the water out of their trailer...always know the PFD came out when the snazzy new blue tarps start going up...
          Im betting you live in the Homer area or somewhere thereabouts....

Comment

Originally posted by cod View Post
            Im betting you live in the Homer area or somewhere thereabouts....
            Hot diggity, how much we talkin'? Ante up, old son....
            " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

Can't say that it would bother me much, I aways figured the day would come. Maybe best for those of us who live here because we love Alaska. Heck, I came up here in 1982 and didn't know a thing about the PFD being in existence. JMHO
              Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

Dont forget the income tax on top of that. Big family like mine well really feel it. Loss of job opportunities gonna make it harder to find extra jobs. And if the planes stop flying bringing tourists to alaska. RHAK will get their wish and there wont be any nonresidents this year!
                The forums will come alive again with folks coming together to help each other out.
                Master guide 212

Comment

Well you asked BRWNBR,

Don't do and have no plans to do Face Book, Snap Chat, Twitter, Instagram,etc. But, I am amazed at what I hear folks put on there.

Any way, I am sure this forum came into existence because of hunters/shooters and then it expanded and every thing from A-Z has a forum to post in. But, originally it was hunters/shooters.

It is the only site I have seen that started and thrived off of hunter/shooters, but puts the hammer down on the 2nd Amendment threads and states this is not the place for that topic. I am some what sympathetic to the owners BRWNBR, as there are a few on here that can't have a conversation with out getting nasty or sarcastic, they just can't do it. But, it is not my web site so I want to respect the owners wishes.

But, I also want to support sites that support the 2nd Amendment verbally and monetarily and lets adults sort out disagreements, even when it gets R rated. So I spend most of my time elsewhere. Things get heated and nasty on other web sites, but that is what the ignore and delete button is for. I'm a big boy and don't loose sleep over some idiot bad mouthing me or my thoughts over the internet. I also don't need any one to protect me from that.

Other forums have what is called a "general discussion" area for 2nd Amendment and politics and you name it discussions. Do your trash talking there and leave it out of the other forums and it seems to work for them.

Any way, that is my 2 cents and I have been wrong before. I do hope the place can succeed as I believe it is owned and moderated by good folks that love Alaska. Good shooting and hunting to all of you. Stay healthy and follow the virus guide lines please.

Comment

Whats wrong with the forums?

Dont forget the income tax on top of that. Big family like mine well really feel it. Loss of job opportunities gonna make it harder to find extra jobs. And if the planes stop flying bringing tourists to alaska. RHAK will get their wish and there wont be any nonresidents this year!
                    The forums will come alive again with folks coming together to help each other out.
                    You touched on one there. We have a mixed community here of artists and government workers who hate tourists and especially charter fishers...who we tax to pay for all those services residents are entitled to. Yeah its gonna be a real eye opener this time around.

You may be right. Might get all sorts of types on here trying to figure out how to catch a fish or shoot a grouse.

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post

books.
                      Books you say, imagine that.... haha
                      We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Comment

Originally posted by AK Wonderer View Post
                        I used to spend a lot more time on the forum. Then, I got older, had a couple of kids, and just don't spend much time posting on social media anymore. I spend a little time scrolling through the AOD and one or two other forums but don't spend much time getting involved in conversations.

I've found that AOD and most other sites are the same in the fact that they are plagued by a few know it all's that tend to sour conversations. On here it is a few old timers. If you want to grow the number of users then the old timers on here need to engage the younger crowd. I remember when I started on AOD over a decade ago, I asked questions and got lots of help. I feel that if I asked those same questions now I'd probably be called a spoiled millennial and catch a bunch of sarcasm. The other frequent issue is when one of the newer or less experienced members tries to contribute these same old timers have to play the one up game and minimize their contributions.

AOD is still the biggest and best resource for all thing Alaska. It will always be my first stop for gaining Alaska hunting outdoor knowledge.
                        That reminds me of what it felt like going in old gun shops, if you weren't one of the crowd or in the know then you were talked down to... I hated it when I was young... Maybe that why most of those shops are gone
                        We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Comment

Originally posted by Akgramps View Post
                          Books you say, imagine that.... haha
                          I have a lot of books from 1870 through 1930's by explorers and hunters of Alaska and Africa. Interestingly one account of two British hunters who walked across the Alaska Peninsula early 1900's resulted in the death of an entire village (roughly 100) on the North shore of Lake Clark, from sickness.
                          "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

I'll stir the pot. I think Alaskan guides with forum names "BRWNBR" should be authorized to take former AK residents, who are now non-residents, caribou hunting in Unit 13 since they didn't get drawn for the DC475 tag!!! And the fall hunt better not get canceled. As far as I've heard, no bears have tested positive for Covid-19. We'll steer clear of the elusive and deadly Yukon Tiger since tigers apparently have tested positive.

Comment

Originally posted by GD Yankee View Post
                              I'll stir the pot. I think Alaskan guides with forum names "BRWNBR" should be authorized to take former AK residents, who are now non-residents, caribou hunting in Unit 13 since they didn't get drawn for the DC475 tag!!! And the fall hunt better not get canceled. As far as I've heard, no bears have tested positive for Covid-19. We'll steer clear of the elusive and deadly Yukon Tiger since tigers apparently have tested positive.
                              Lol lets do it!!
                              Master guide 212

Comment

Lol lets do it!!
                                I would like to book a Yukon TIGER hunt.
                                Do you have a good productive area......???
                                "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X