Bears on Naked Island....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears on Naked Island....?

Has anyone come across any bear sign on Naked Island?

Not there but a stones throw away on Disk.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by dieseldriven24 View Post
      Has anyone come across any bear sign on Naked Island?
      Never have heard of a sighting or sign on Naked Island.

Brownies on Hawkins, Hinchinbrook, & Montague; and i've even heard of one being seen on Green.

Blackies on Esther, Knight (and the smaller surrounding islands), & Latouche. Those ones for sure... Don't know about all the rest of the islands out there, but wouldn't be too surprised hearing of one turning up on any of them really, especially in the western portion of the Sound.

Comment

Spent a lot of time on Naked in the fall, never seen a bear track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Bruin View Post
          Never have heard of a sighting or sign on Naked Island.

Brownies on Hawkins, Hinchinbrook, & Montague; and i've even heard of one being seen on Green.

Blackies on Esther, Knight (and the smaller surrounding islands), & Latouche. Those ones for sure... Don't know about all the rest of the islands out there, but wouldn't be too surprised hearing of one turning up on any of them really, especially in the western portion of the Sound.
          Culross also has a good number of black bear.
          An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
          - Jef Mallett

Comment

Originally posted by twodux View Post
            Culross also has a good number of black bear.
            Makes sense

Comment

I have never heard of bears on Naked Island, but I guess it is possible. F&G found a deer carcass on Skilak Loop Road and a billy goat went into a garage years ago, it was either in Kasilof or Ninilchik.

This Sept. 1st we were breaking camp after getting a moose at first light when a guy I know and his wife stopped by. She told me about seven years ago they were camped in the same spot and she was there alone when a cougar complete with the long tail walked out of the brush and walked down the road and disappeared into the brush. Well......anyway.....

Comment

Yes

Back in my early 1990s we were beach coming as a family and had a run-in with a brown bear. Scared the living you know what out of me as I was in my early teens in on the beach.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X