X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear

Originally posted by Michael Strahan
    Trapper,

That's a gorgeous bear. Did it have any rubs?

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Nope he wasnt rubbed one bit. He does have a nasty scar on the front left shoulder though where he had been in some sort of scuffle. He had a couple on his head as well but to me, that only gave him character. The Bio said he was over 25 years old and that I probably did this poor old boy a favor.
    For my first bear Im pretty proud. After taking him, I went out and bought a bow. I doubt that I'll ever top him, but thats ok. Im told its rare to find them that big around these parts (Not too far from Anchorage, but Im not telling where! Haha) Thank you for allowing me to share.

Debbie
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Comment

Off and Running post counts

Looks like Strahan comes out of the corner quick with AK45 to the inside, neck and neck...David thanks for having post counts, helps to keep track of the race.
      Yesterday I ran into an Old Girlfriend and I thought I missed her...
      So I backed up and hit her again, ya know sometimes I really do miss her!!

Comment

Thanks!

For the opportunity of chalking up another!

-Mike
        Last edited by Michael Strahan; 05-04-2006, 21:39.
        Michael Strahan
        Site Owner
        Alaska Hunt Consultant
        1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskantrapper
          This is fantastic! Now that we can share photos, I'll post my bear I took two years ago. He was 6'9 and just under a 20inch skull. The look on my face? Dont ask, I think I was scared to death. I dont remember alot, except my soon to be hubby sitting next to me in the tree stand (with my rifle across his lap and crosshairs on the bear) saying I'll kill you if you shoot my knee! <grin>
          Outstanding bear. That's what I'm aiming for this spring. Already started the year off with a brown bear, but now it's time to put the bait out!

Comment

Bear

Thanks Matt, Im glad I could share him.

Debbie
            Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Comment

New Forum Looks GREAT

Very nice format and well implemented!

The advanced "WYSIWYG" editor is very powerful for those who want to format their posts. Even includes a spull chucker!!!

Picture Post Test:

Comment

Just a test

Picture post test.
                Attached Files

Comment

It Worked. Right on!

Wish I was in front of him with gun in hand now.

Comment

Bear

Naw, Not that one, from the looks of him his ears a little too "Mickey Mouse" looking for my liking=smaller bear...but beautiful photo anyhow!

Comment

Spell Chukar

Originally posted by Bill in Pa
                      [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][B]Even includes a spull chucker!!!
                      Hey Bill,

I did some checking and found an actual image of a Spell Chukar. Thanks for mentioning it; I'd forgotten about them. We have a shortage up north, but I hear there's a lot of them down south!

-Mike
                      Michael Strahan
                      Site Owner
                      Alaska Hunt Consultant
                      1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

New Forum is GREAT

This new Forum is a huge step up from the old forum. And if the upgrade is not enough there are more forums for discussion. As a Bowhunter, and a Dipnetter the expanded forums are a real plus. Thanks Guys

Comment

The one thing i noticed is the picture profile doesn't seem to work......or i'm just a little to computer illiterate.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X