No announcement yet.

2nd degree kindred rule change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does everyone think about a Professional Guide doing 2DK with his family non-res? Unethical if if fact the guide community is trying to take away the 2DK? Borderline guiding while saying they are not guiding?
    Trying to play enough to make working for the money all worth it.

Comment

• I'm a guide not trying to take away the next of kin law. I'm a resident, I'd take my nok out if we planned a trip.
      Hypocrisy is everywhere though.
      Www.blackriverhunting.com
      Master guide 212

Comment

• I will add that if a guide does actually guide someone NOK or resident, any hunter that is under contract there are fees involved in doing that. It's not something we can do with no associated costs.
        Www.blackriverhunting.com
        Master guide 212

Comment

• Originally posted by snocross View Post
          The guide also acts like the best tour guide and entertainer you could ever have on a hunt. I actually have discussed trying to come up for a back country snowmobile trip with Jake. Heck I'd even come up for a fishing trip with him . I've did diy hunts in Colorado and have been successful on every bull elk hunt. Lots of fun and satisfying but I had lots of general questions and know one to ask. Plus listening to a local tell his hunting stories that took place where your hunting is all part of the experience. stories and knowledge a master guide provides is all part of the the hunt and to me well worth the money. Plus I got a devestating injury on the hunt and Jake used 19 years of guiding and his memory of flying over an old landing area years ago, to get my son and I out safely. Without his years of experience I was $!&^/# to put it truthfully. Everyone enjoys there hunts in there own way. In a place as rugged as sheep country, a rookie should never be without someone with lots of experience. Your supposed to have fun on hunts not die. As far as spending 15k on a hunt,it's my hobby so it makes it ok! I've had more then one person say I was nuts. The same people tell me they can't afford it. But that is right after they walk out of a bar holding a cigarette and get in a 60k diesel truck that has never hooked on a trailer. There hobby is a little different then mine. Happy hunting
          Snocross,
          Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I will agree anytime you can go with a local it adds to the trip. I'm not debating going guided isn't a great experience etc. I'm just debating that there is a law REQUIRING it.

BTW I wouldn't recommend discussing hunts with bar flies, it leads nowhere :whistle:

Originally posted by J in AK View Post
          +1

Comment

• Did this proposal pass or fail?

Comment

• It failed. If they harvest something, it's on their tag. The resident doesn't lose out

Comment

• I'd sure like to see the word "kindred" changed to "kin" just to clean up the gene pool and make it more enforceable.
                The way it is now, I can take my mother-in-law sheep or grizzly hunting but I can't take my nephew sheep or grizzly hunting.
                My nephew is a blood relative and we share our name and would appear somewhat conclusive to a wildlife trooper whereas an in-law
                would be a difficult connection to make.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X