X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4merguide
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill S. View Post
    Yes he is the head wrestling coach at Seward High School. He is one tough guy. He got mauled Thursday, I saw the pictures, and he was STILL at their wrestling tournament Friday and Saturday. Don't know how he did it but he was there running things.
    I saw the pics too.....he got chomped on pretty good in a few places on his back. Nothing like loosing your face, but da*n that had to hurt...!!! Glad he's "ok".

Leave a comment:

• akula682
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill S. View Post
    Yes he is the head wrestling coach at Seward High School. He is one tough guy. He got mauled Thursday, I saw the pictures, and he was STILL at their wrestling tournament Friday and Saturday. Don't know how he did it but he was there running things.

Gotta keep that "Tougher in Alaska" image going.

Leave a comment:

• Bill S.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gulkana Rafting
    replied
    His name is Ron Hemstock and he is the long time wrestling coach and official at Seward High..Good guy, pilot and has lots experience in the country.

Walt

Leave a comment:

• .338 mag.
    replied
    Poor guy, I am glad he is going to survive. Bears are every where and that is Alaska. The Kenai Peninsula leads Alaska in bear attacks.

Leave a comment:

• Sollybug
    replied
    Well the seward airport is surrounded by the town. The highway runa along one end. There is no reason for a bear attack in the middle of town. Seward just shot a mother and cubs raiding chicken coops. Time to thin out the bear population. The school plaground actually has greenbelt corridors running right onto the play area and bears are regulars in town. A bear attack on the playground is a distinct possibility.

Leave a comment:

• tyrex13
    replied
    Originally posted by VernAK View Post
    Several friends have had bear encounters in Seward lately. Bears on the deck or scaring the dogs etc....They've complained for several years that there are too many in the area.
    I don't know the Seward area well, but I'd be glad to go take one...

Leave a comment:

• AGL4now
    replied
    I keep wondering WHY hunters are not pursuing all of these Kenai Brown Bears............???

Originally posted by VernAK View Post
    Several friends have had bear encounters in Seward lately. Bears on the deck or scaring the dogs etc....They've complained for several years that there are too many in the area.

Leave a comment:

• VernAK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AGL4now
    started a topic Mauling today SEWARD Airport

Mauling today SEWARD Airport

Excerpt:

"A man jogging with his dogs on the Seward airport runway was mauled by a brown bear in the early morning darkness Thursday, authorities said.

Seward police Chief Tom Clemons said the incident at the Seward Municipal Airport was reported just after 6:45 a.m. The man was taken to Providence Seward Medical Center.

"We had a 46-year-old male that was attacked and mauled by a brown bear," Clemons said. "He will survive his injuries are bad, but they're not life-threatening at this point."

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/wild...eward-airport/

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X