Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube Video of Brooks Range Float Trip

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PT_Fn0f...ature=youtu.be

Great video thanks for sharing, looks like an awesome trip.

Comment

Well done Gents!!!!

Merry Christmas

Steve
      "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Excellent. Nice work. When did you go? Looks like early September. No dollies huh?

Comment

That is awesome man, i have to do this one day soon.
          Diamond Justice MO 70lbs
          Shut-up And Hunt

Comment

Cool video, but I just don't understand why people post the name of that river so often in their reports. It's no secret, but every time it's mentioned it only encourages more and more people to float it and provide more competition for yourselves or the rest of us that have been on it. Too bad you didn't get to see the 10 miles of river above where you got dropped off. It's even more spectacular. I'm assuming the water was too low that late in the season?

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
              Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Birdstrike, I thought about editing it, but I used a free program and to be honest it was just too much of a hastle to try to cut the mention of the river out. I understand your criticism, but at the same time there are honestly a limited number of people with the financial wherewithal and hunting experience necessary to complete that trip. Those who can afford it and are capable are also certainly capable of doing what little research is required to "find" that not so hidden gem.

Comment

Ok. How about posting a similar report for your favorite deer hunting location in PA? I'd rather not do the research myself and if I have a video guide showing me almost everything I need then my trip will be that much easier and I might be able to get even more buddies to join me.

I'm not a big fan of leaving the footage of firing multiple rounds at that bull in the final edit. I know in the real world one shot kills are not always possible. However, from a spectator standpoint watching the video that was pretty pathetic. If you'd shown the initial shot and then the final recovery nobody would have been the wiser.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Maybe next time you post a hunt report you will consider the implications of giving out too much detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdstrike View Post
                    Ok. How about posting a similar report for your favorite deer hunting location in PA? I'd rather not do the research myself and if I have a video guide showing me almost everything I need then my trip will be that much easier and I might be able to get even more buddies to join me.

I'm not a big fan of leaving the footage of firing multiple rounds at that bull in the final edit. I know in the real world one shot kills are not always possible. However, from a spectator standpoint watching the video that was pretty pathetic. If you'd shown the initial shot and then the final recovery nobody would have been the wiser.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Maybe next time you post a hunt report you will consider the implications of giving out too much detail.
                    Lets play nice,,, how many rivers up there "Float back to the Dalton" ??????

Hello Pot, my name is Kettle.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...oat?highlight=

Comment

.....and there is also a report from a trip a year earlier up there and another report from a trip this year on another river. HOWEVER, my reports are just like yours Stid. For obvious reasons I do not name the rivers involved. That was the gist of my problem with his video. Google is a powerful tool and having a name opens up all kinds of intel.

I'm hoping this discussion will cause others to make the right choice when they post reports.

Comment

We get it my friend,, Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

Comment

Plenty of bou to be had, why get mad if you are willing to work harder then the city hunters you assume everyone to be. I absolutely hate that about people, share the wealth its about the challenge not about the kill we all enjoy the outdoors. I for one like to see other have success, not sure if greed has to do with it but with any research or a call one could figure this info out.
                          Diamond Justice MO 70lbs
                          Shut-up And Hunt

Comment

Great video, thanks for sharing! It brought back some great memories...I did the same trip in 2013. We didn't see near the number of caribou you guys did.

Comment

I've started to type numerous scathing responses and stopped myself each time. I apologize that you think I've given away your secret spot. I've amended the you tube title to mirror the title of your previous hunt reports. "2014 Brooks Range Fly In Float Out Caribou Hunt" As you can see, I removed the name of the river. I hope this appeases you.

I belong to this forum because I appreciate all the fantastic information I've been able to glean from thousands of posts I've read. I'd feel proud if the video I posted or the report I wrote help some other sportsman fulfill a dream to hunt in the Brooks Range for caribou. I'm intelligent enough to realize that if I had hunted moose on a river, in a spot that wasn't already tremendously popular, I would omit the name and location of such a hunt. The reality is that there are thousands of caribou that live in that herd and that river is well known. My video didn't expose that hunt. I wasn't hunting in some secret sheep spot or moose honey hole. But I digress.

Additionally, it is worth noting that I did state in my hunt report that if I were to chase caribou in the Brooks Range or on the Slope again, I would NOT float that river (and I meant it). I would fly in and hunt in a drop camp. So, I think anyone who does any amount of due diligence would read my report and realize that the amount of variables that are out of your control and logistics involved in floating, makes it the more difficult option. Thus, my report may actually serve to deter people from visiting "your" river.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X