Best Tasting Game Meat Poll (in AK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Tasting Game Meat Poll (in AK)

I saw a post earlier in the small game section where a guy from Alabama was asking about eating different game meat. I thought it would be interesting to create a best tasting game meat poll in AK.

I answered Dall sheep. It's been awhile since I've been on a sheep hunt. Mainly because it doesn't work well with my work schedule and because in order to go I would have to give up going moose or caribou hunting and there's not enough meat on a sheep to last through the winter. But, I do confess that it is the best tasting meat I have tried from Alaska game. I hope to go on another sheep hunt soon.
    Moose
    17.72%
    Caribou
    6.96%
    Dall Sheep
    22.15%
    Sitka-Blacktail Deer
    18.99%
    Black Bear
    3.16%
    Snowshoe Hare
    0.63%
    Waterfowl (ducks, geese, cranes)
    0.63%
    Upland birds (grouse and ptarmigan)
    1.27%
    Lynx (hey some people like it)
    1.27%
    Any Other (Bison, Musk Ox, Roosevelt Elk, Mt. Goat)
    27.22%

The poll is expired.

musk ox, no comparison

Comment

Hands down slow roasted Merganser!

Comment

Other: If handled correctly in the field, Mt. Goat would be my first choice.
        ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Cow moose is pretty dang good
          Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

I'm going with mountain goat, it's the favorite for me and the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup, musk ox!
              “Move that fat ass Henry!”
              “Don’t swing your balls or you’ll swamp the boat!"

Comment

Dall sheep is great but I think the effort involved to put one in the freezer influences peoples vote just a little. The best wild game steaks I've ever had were actually from a fat young berry fed black bear. As far as the full package; steaks, roasts, burger, etc. I think I would vote for bison.

Comment

Bison has my vote as well. It would be nice if they released those wood bison, so they can get established somewhere...I would like to try one of those too.

Comment

For those of you who said musk ox, what other meat would you compare ox to?

Also, why can't I vote here?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_yaker View Post
                      Hands down slow roasted Merganser!
                      Mad yaker must like hint-o-fish in the fowl!

Comment

Musk Ox. 3:>
                        Live life and love it
                        Love life and live it

Comment

I just realized that a similar poll to this one was created in 2011. Interesting thing is, I voted for that one too and just forgot about it. It is interesting to compare the differences in the votes and opinions of then and now.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ting+meat+poll

Comment

Originally posted by Tearbear View Post
                            Bison has my vote as well. It would be nice if they released those wood bison, so they can get established somewhere...I would like to try one of those too.
                            I believe they are getting released in my area this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
                              I saw a post earlier in the small game section where a guy from Alabama was asking about eating different game meat. I thought it would be interesting to create a best tasting game meat poll in AK.

I answered Dall sheep. It's been awhile since I've been on a sheep hunt. Mainly because it doesn't work well with my work schedule and because in order to go I would have to give up going moose or caribou hunting and there's not enough meat on a sheep to last through the winter. But, I do confess that it is the best tasting meat I have tried from Alaska game. I hope to go on another sheep hunt soon.
                              I can't vote yet. All three moose move eaten off of were great, but that bear I was given last year was the best so far.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X