Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears

I was out checking traps today and this is what i found weird weather has them messed up also
    Attached Files

I see claw marks. Looks like a brownie. No surprise they're out roaming around with the recent temps and lack of snow

Comment

In recent years, it hasn't been uncommon to see bears running around well into December. This lack of snow and warm weather isn't helping anything this year for sure.

Comment

Judging from the with of your boot not a huge grizzly, but clearly a grizzly. I have been looking everyday expecting to see a bear or tracks, but I have not seen any bears or sign for the last month. And we have zero snow on the ground. The snow seems to start at about 2,000' ASL.
        "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

My wife was telling me that the neighbor saw a brown bear in the middle of the road two weeks ago today. Luckily none have ventured into the neighborhood yet, but I expect that soon enough. I figure the brownie was getting some easy meals off the trap lines in the area she saw him at.

Comment

I have seen bear tracks on the pipe line in gray Cliff in January where they walked for miles down the pipeline for no apparent reason.
            Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Seemingly "weird" weather, but we moved up here in '85. I spent many days in November and early December, between '85 and '95, hunting rabbits in snowless woods in the Mat-Su valley. This winter has been no different so far.

Comment

Found an occupied den last Saturday with fresh tracks in the snow leading out and leading right back in. After an extensive debate we decided not to mess with it and come back in a couple weeks after some cold and he's a little more sleepy.

Comment

Here in Southeast it's not uncommon at all to see brown bears in November and December. Buddies are still seeing them deer hunting pretty regularly. Some of the bears down here never end up hibernating.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullcephous View Post
                    Found an occupied den last Saturday with fresh tracks in the snow leading out and leading right back in. After an extensive debate we decided not to mess with it and come back in a couple weeks after some cold and he's a little more sleepy.
                    Do you know what type of bear is in the den? The reason for the question is grizzly have been knows to attack people who disturb them in a den. Black bears are not as aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                      Do you know what type of bear is in the den?
                      I wouldn't doubt this guy knows not only what type of bear it is, but weather or not it's a sow or boar, how big it is, or if it's got bad teeth or not.......
                      Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
                        I wouldn't doubt this guy knows not only what type of bear it is, but weather or not it's a sow or boar, how big it is, or if it's got bad teeth or not.......
                        I know nothing about the person and he said very little about the bear or what he knows about bears. So forgive me for trying to give him some advice that might keep him from getting hurt.

As far as him knowing if the bear is a sow or boar, how big it is, or if it's got bad teeth or not........ is asking a lot of any person.

Comment

What's it's favorite kind of pie?

Comment

Yeah i would not recommend messing with a bear in the den you might get alot more than you bargain for.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                              I know nothing about the person and he said very little about the bear or what he knows about bears. So forgive me for trying to give him some advice that might keep him from getting hurt.

As far as him knowing if the bear is a sow or boar, how big it is, or if it's got bad teeth or not........ is asking a lot of any person.
                              Jeeze guy....lighten up, I was "trying" to be sarcastic.

Guess it didn't work.........
                              Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X