Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AKF&W DALL SHEEP harvest meeting TONIGHT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKF&W DALL SHEEP harvest meeting TONIGHT.

UAF Campus , Murie Auditorium

6;30 to 8;30 tonight.

new proposals will be discussed.

Just to et ya know.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

See you there neighbor

Comment

Can you guys give a brief review on what was discussed. I plan on attending the one in Anchorage on Friday night.
      "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

Comment

where and when?

Originally posted by Mr. Grayling View Post
        Can you guys give a brief review on what was discussed. I plan on attending the one in Anchorage on Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by acelia8912 View Post
          where and when?
          The Anchorage meeting will be held at Loussac Library on November 21, 2014, from
          6:30 p.m. 8:30 p.m.
          "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Boy, Great turn out tonight.

Looked like about 100 people showed .

It was very informative although none of the upcoming proposals where open for conversation or comments.

This was more of a fact finding summery from UAF & AKF&W , that Verifies we ( Sheep Hunters, Guides & Transporters ) all have valid concerns about Sheep populations & hunting for all of us.

I will bet the Board meeting in February is going to be VERY heated just by some of the attitudes of this meeting.

I wish I could have stayed around & visited but my bladder was Bursting & couldn't see a rest room anywhere. LOL

RJ Simington
            PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks

Comment

Was an excellent informative meeting I thought, with some good Q&A as well. Great turnout. Wish I could have met more AOD members. RJ, the restroom was right down the hall to the left <grin>.

Should be a good meeting in Anchorage as well, should be several BOG members there too.
              Mark Richards
              www.residenthuntersofalaska.org

Comment

Was there any mention of slides or a survey summary being posted online after the presentations? I was among those in the 37% who actually completed and returned the survey and would be very interested in the preliminary findings. Hopefully I (we) won't have to wait for the BOG meeting to hear more...

Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by Mtn Wx View Post
                  Was there any mention of slides or a survey summary being posted online after the presentations? I was among those in the 37% who actually completed and returned the survey and would be very interested in the preliminary findings. Hopefully I (we) won't have to wait for the BOG meeting to hear more...

Bryan
                  Don't know about the presentations being posted online (hard copies were handed out), but they said the full report would be available online around mid-December.

Comment

It would be great if someone with a hard copy could upload a PFD copy for the rest of us to review.

Were there any hints as to how the problems might be addressed? State wide draw [emoji45] or non-resident cap[emoji1]?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was among those in the 37% who actually completed and returned the survey...
                      With the contention of this topic I was expecting a little better completion percentage.

I'll see you guys at the Anchorage presentation tomorrow night.

Comment

Was there any mention of slides or a survey summary being posted online after the presentations?
                        Bryan
                        We (the audience) were told that the presentation would be posted on the ADFG website. I'd give them a little time - they're probably busy preparing for the Anchorage meeting.

Originally posted by AK flyster View Post
                        Were there any hints as to how the problems might be addressed? State wide draw or non-resident cap?
                        The presentation was about the survey - not about what the BOG might do to address the problem. They did take a lot of questions from the audience which I give them full credit for. The discussion got a little heated at one point and they nipped it in the bud, thankfully. A lot of good information was presented.

Comment

One thing I will say that might help with the Board meeting in February is that if you want your Statement to be taken into account, good or bad,

get your name on the agenda so you can present your views.

I have been to a bunch of government meetings & this is the proper way to voice your opinions .

A LOT of Alaskans have good ideas that can help guide decisions of the board , but just yelling from the fence is just a waist of breath.

RJ Simington

Comment

For those that would like a copy of the survey results PDF, PM me and I will send you a copy by email.
                            "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Originally posted by stid2677 View Post
                              For those that would like a copy of the survey results PDF, PM me and I will send you a copy by email.
                              pm sent to your mail box

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X