Trail Cams and cold weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Cams and cold weather

I just moved up from Idaho. I have a bushnell trophycam that I used a lot in Idaho. In the owners manual it says the low limit of the operating temperature is -5 degrees F. I would like to know if anyone keeps their trail cams out all year or do you take them down when it gets extremely cold. Thanks

My Moultrie took pics to 46 below. It's a discontinues model, one of the min-cams, M55 I think. Anyway, it seems like cameras react to cold differently - some fail and some don't. Use lithium batts for sure. I also use a moultris solar panel on one of my cameras. Just try it and report back.
    Attached Files

Comment

solar panel and camera
      Attached Files

Comment

On your camera with the solar panel are you using nimh rechargable batteries or are you using lithiums on that as well? Thanks for the info.

Comment

I leave mine up all year. I am surprised how long they will take pics.
          Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnejs View Post
            On your camera with the solar panel are you using nimh rechargable batteries or are you using lithiums on that as well? Thanks for the info.
            I've used both with success. I suppose in the dead of winter when there isn't much solar gain and temps are really cold I would probably use lithiums with the solar panel. The rechargeables are nice to reduce the cost.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X