Proxy ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy ???

I'll call F&G tomorrow but am seeing what people here think. I killed a moose outside of unit 13 but am trying to proxy for a guy that has the tier tag. Is this allowed?
    Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.

Nope
    it's a restriction on the back of the form.

Comment

Here is a link to the Tier I supplement. http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/li...supplement.pdf

It is pretty clear on page 13 under "Proxy Hunting in Unit 13" that you can not do that. The 3rd bullet down says "If you proxy hunt for unit 13 Tier I caribou, you and your entire household cannot hunt moose or caribou outside of unit 13 for the regulatory year". The next bullet is more specific to your case: "For households with members who have already hunted for moose or caribou outside of unit 13, no member of the household may proxy hunt unit 13 Tier I caribou."

Note that those use the term "hunt" and not "take". This means that even if you hadn't gotten a moose or caribou somewhere else, just hunting for one somewhere else would restrict you from being able to proxy hunt for a Tier I permit holder.

Comment

Originally posted by anchskier View Post
        Here is a link to the Tier I supplement. http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/li...supplement.pdf

It is pretty clear on page 13 under "Proxy Hunting in Unit 13" that you can not do that. The 3rd bullet down says "If you proxy hunt for unit 13 Tier I caribou, you and your entire household cannot hunt moose or caribou outside of unit 13 for the regulatory year". The next bullet is more specific to your case: "For households with members who have already hunted for moose or caribou outside of unit 13, no member of the household may proxy hunt unit 13 Tier I caribou."

Note that those use the term "hunt" and not "take". This means that even if you hadn't gotten a moose or caribou somewhere else, just hunting for one somewhere else would restrict you from being able to proxy hunt for a Tier I permit holder.

Right on. I called today, and just saw this response. Thanks for the clarification. Better than the F&G guy explained haha. Sucks I wont be able to hunt, but gotta let everyone get their meat. Thanks Anchskier, you always help a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by anchskier View Post

It says I cant rep you any more, but I tried to.

Comment

I am sure that there are people that had Tier I permits that would be willing to 'proxy' for your friend.

Originally posted by HuntAK59 View Post
            I'll call F&G tomorrow but am seeing what people here think. I killed a moose outside of unit 13 but am trying to proxy for a guy that has the tier tag. Is this allowed?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X