Hunting gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting gloves

Question for everyone: is there such a thing as lightweight, camo hunting gloves with REAL leather palms? Something along the lines of the Mechanix gloves perhaps, but with actual leather? I can't find such a thing anywhere.

I've been using the Kuiu guide glove the past two seasons and have been really pleased. The leather palms have held up nicely.

Comment

I haven't found any with a decent leather palm but I am impressed with my Kuiu guide gloves. I've got a couple season and no holes. The sitka gloves I tried prior to this didn't make it through one sheep hunt.

Comment

Lotsa devils club in my life. Best I've found is a pair of high grade horsehide or mule work gloves. The backs get a kindergarten scrawl of "camo" with wide permanent markers to get past the light color. Kinda hokie and not going to get me on the cover of a hunting fashion magazine, but I haven't found any other glove that beats them in devils club.
        "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
        Merle Haggard

Comment

Many hunters here in SE wear the White Ox gloves ... the go to glove for logging also.
          johnnie laird

Comment

Another fan of the kuiu gloves, two seasons and nothing but great reviews.
            In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

How do the Kuiu gloves fit? Are they true to the size they say they are?
              Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by mjm316 View Post
                On the road and don't remember what size the gloves are. I do know that for all my kuiu gera i have gone a size up. Xxl fits like xll
                In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Comment

I got mine from walmart of all places, haven't seen them since or I would have bought a few more pairs. I've had them about 3 years now and try are holding up great. I wear them all fall and most of the winter, the are a mechanics glove, leather colored palm, camo backs of something like neoprene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mjm316 View Post
                    Mine are true to size.

Comment

6'0" here, average to slightly small hands for my height, wear a L. Fits well.

Comment

How good are the Kuiu guide gloves for wind resistance, and are they very warm?

Comment

They are a softshell material and are fairly warm but not hot. They do a good job of shedding wind.

Comment

Agreed with Jon. No insulation, but kept me plenty warm sheep hunting in high winds and blowing snow.

Comment

I just ordered a pair the other day having no knowledge of them, so that was my reason for the question. It sounds like they should work fine for my intended purposes and it's nice to hear they hold up well. Thanks guys.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X