Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Strahan
    replied
    Great writeup and the pics were nice! I can't imagine what the other photos were; hope you can find a way to recover them!

-Mike

Leave a comment:

• Smokey
    replied
    Very nice! My back hurts when I look at the full packs and guns slung!

Leave a comment:

• AK Troutbum
    replied
    Thanks Greg, I meant to give you a holler the last day we were there but things got kind of messed up with our flight home and a volcano going off in Katmai, so I got kind of preoccupied with that, making new flight arrangements, hotel, etc. we definitely need to get together and have a beer sometime. I'll be heading back down there in a couple months for a deer hunt and I will for sure make it a point to look you up. In the meantime, if you do get up this way for any reason give me a call. Greg

Leave a comment:

• GDinAK
    replied
    Yahoo congrats Greg awesome hunt thanks for sharing.....

Leave a comment:

• AlaskaHippie
    replied
    Originally posted by akrstabout View Post
    Yup, volcanic ash from some point in time, never researched it, but Sea Hawks air's wife was telling me over the phone, but flew w andrews again. She had the same tag and with their experience there, knew about it, I brought it up for some reason and she knew what I was talking about. I called it sand too. Will send ya PM a sometime
    It's from the 1912 eruption of Novarupta over in Katmai.

Leave a comment:

• akrstabout
    replied
    Originally posted by AK Troutbum View Post
    Ash? Interesting, I thought it was sand. This was my first hunt on the north side of the island, I had never seen the stuff before.
    Yup, volcanic ash from some point in time, never researched it, but Sea Hawks air's wife was telling me over the phone, but flew w andrews again. She had the same tag and with their experience there, knew about it, I brought it up for some reason and she knew what I was talking about. I called it sand too. Will send ya PM a sometime

Leave a comment:

• mjm316
    replied
    Great hunt an write-up! Sorry to hear about your phone. Try giving Cracked wireless a try. They do an acid bath and should be able to get your phone working again. At least worth a try to get those pictures back. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• AK Troutbum
    replied
    Ash? Interesting, I thought it was sand. This was my first hunt on the north side of the island, I had never seen the stuff before.

Leave a comment:

• akrstabout
    replied
    How did you like that ash, stuff gets everywhere!!! Crazy how deep that ash is in spots. Our pics of goats looks like Hawaii with white sand beach around a deep blue lake.

Leave a comment:

• BRWNBR
    replied
    4merguide im gonna need a couple raises before I can afford Kodiak hunts again!!

Leave a comment:

• AK Troutbum
    replied
    Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Kodiak goat is one of the best hunts in the state. Hands down. Quality, quantity, scenery, adventure, remoteness.....
    I totally agree, and when compared to most other remote AK fly outs, it's very reasonably priced. This, along with the things you mentioned, and the opportunity to hunt multiple species, makes it one of my favorite places to hunt.

Leave a comment:

• 4merguide
    replied
    Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Kodiak goat is one of the best hunts in the state. Hands down. Quality, quantity, scenery, adventure, remoteness.....
    Then you need to take me next time you go...!!!........lol

Leave a comment:

• BRWNBR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 4merguide
    replied
    Originally posted by AK Troutbum View Post
    A buddy and I just got back from a successful Kodiak goat hunt.
    Congrats and thanks so much for the write up and pics...!!!

Originally posted by stid2677 View Post
    .....have to love Kodiak!!
    I hope I can someday.........lol

Leave a comment:

• stid2677
    replied
    Well done Gents, have to love Kodiak!!

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X