No announcement yet.

DG474 party success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you like that ash, stuff gets everywhere!!! Crazy how deep that ash is in spots. Our pics of goats looks like Hawaii with white sand beach around a deep blue lake.

Comment

Ash? Interesting, I thought it was sand. This was my first hunt on the north side of the island, I had never seen the stuff before.

Comment

Great hunt an write-up! Sorry to hear about your phone. Try giving Cracked wireless a try. They do an acid bath and should be able to get your phone working again. At least worth a try to get those pictures back. Good luck!
        Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by AK Troutbum View Post
          Ash? Interesting, I thought it was sand. This was my first hunt on the north side of the island, I had never seen the stuff before.
          Yup, volcanic ash from some point in time, never researched it, but Sea Hawks air's wife was telling me over the phone, but flew w andrews again. She had the same tag and with their experience there, knew about it, I brought it up for some reason and she knew what I was talking about. I called it sand too. Will send ya PM a sometime

Comment

Originally posted by akrstabout View Post
            Yup, volcanic ash from some point in time, never researched it, but Sea Hawks air's wife was telling me over the phone, but flew w andrews again. She had the same tag and with their experience there, knew about it, I brought it up for some reason and she knew what I was talking about. I called it sand too. Will send ya PM a sometime
            It's from the 1912 eruption of Novarupta over in Katmai.
            “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
            "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Comment

Yahoo congrats Greg awesome hunt thanks for sharing.....

Comment

Thanks Greg, I meant to give you a holler the last day we were there but things got kind of messed up with our flight home and a volcano going off in Katmai, so I got kind of preoccupied with that, making new flight arrangements, hotel, etc. we definitely need to get together and have a beer sometime. I'll be heading back down there in a couple months for a deer hunt and I will for sure make it a point to look you up. In the meantime, if you do get up this way for any reason give me a call. Greg

Comment

Very nice! My back hurts when I look at the full packs and guns slung!
                  When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Comment

Great writeup and the pics were nice! I can't imagine what the other photos were; hope you can find a way to recover them!

-Mike
                    Michael Strahan
                    Site Owner
                    Alaska Hunt Consultant
                    1 (406) 662-1791

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X