No announcement yet.

A duty to recover wounded game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Units 1-5,8 require any wounded bear (black or brown) to be considered harvested. Old Ted Nugent got in trouble for that on a black bear hunt, as I recall.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Comment

Originally posted by JuliW View Post
      Units 1-5,8 require any wounded bear (black or brown) to be considered harvested. Old Ted Nugent got in trouble for that on a black bear hunt, as I recall.
      A notched tag normally means a dead animal and resulting legal salvage requirements. I'm curious how the state can require a hunter to notch his tag and relieve him of the salvage requirement.
      I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
      I have less friends now!!

Comment

Originally posted by martentrapper View Post
        Until you have a dead animal, you are still hunting and must observe the restrictions on hunting.
        Excellent point.
        If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Comment

I learned to track from my dad and uncles who hunted with cartridges much less potent than what we use today. Tracking is a learned art. Getting down on your hands and knees and being patient will yield results. Flag the trail as you track.
          I trained my dog to track blood trails by taking her out on several of my bow shot moose after I recovered them and putting her on the trail. A few years ago she got the chance to drag me to a moose a friend had shot with his bow. She got to find the actual moose instead of a gut pile.
          I am willing to help people find a hit animal. Just don't ask me to perform a miracle after you have tromped all over the area indiscriminately looking for sign.
          Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X