Does a non resident assistant guide need a guide to grizz hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a non resident assistant guide need a guide to grizz hunt

Question, would a non resident assistant guide need another guide to be in camp who is a resident for the non resident to hunt on a grizzly tag once all the clients are out of the bush? or can that assistant guide hunt on his own. Does it matter what unit he hunts in?

Thanks

If hunting, you are now a hunter and not a guide, so taking guide away from non-resident, you are now a non-resident needing a guide or next of kin to hunt grizz. At least that's my thought process. Easiest and safest is to call F&G and Troopers with the question.

AZinAK

Comment

Originally posted by AZinAK View Post
      If hunting, you are now a hunter and not a guide, so taking guide away from non-resident, you are now a non-resident needing a guide or next of kin to hunt grizz. At least that's my thought process. Easiest and safest is to call F&G and Troopers with the question.

AZinAK
      That would be my way of thinking too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.

Comment

pretty cut and dried here- Non-resident needs a guide.

skill set is not even mentioned... in the regs

Chris

Comment

And not just "in camp;" within 100 yards of the hunter, with a hunt contract drawn up and signed in the field.

Comment

That is the law. You would need the contracting guide to remain in the field while you conducted your hunt on a hunt record.

Comment

I met a sheep guide who would finish the client season, then "guide" his assistant on a ram.
              My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

Comment

Originally posted by scott_rn View Post
                I met a sheep guide who would finish the client season, then "guide" his assistant on a ram.
                All too common

Comment

Originally posted by mtnclimber View Post
                  All too common
                  What's wrong with that?

Comment

The absolute irony would be that the assistant guide would have to guide the guide, if the guide was also a non-resident....

#DrSeussCouldWriteOurRegs
                    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
                    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Comment

But the assistant guide couldn't guide the guide if the guide was the contracting guide cause the contracting guide can't hunt big game while he has clients in the field....even If he is the client?! Lol
                      Www.blackriverhunting.com
                      Master guide 212

Comment

Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
                        But the assistant guide couldn't guide the guide if the guide was the contracting guide cause the contracting guide can't hunt big game while he has clients in the field....even If he is the client?! Lol
                        Makes perfect sense.......How much peyote was consumed in the writing of these regs anyhow?
                        “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
                        "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Comment

Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
                          Good advice Jake.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X