Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yukon River Moose Hunt

Here is my hunt this year.

Great meat hunt! Freezer filled, now back to wood falling and winterizing!

Comment

Thanks and yes I am busy on the woodpile and fixing on the house.

Comment

Nice vid Jeff. Just a tad smaller than the one I shot. Seems like the smaller ones don't put on the fat the larger ones do. But a subsistence hunter doesn't look a gift horse in the mouth, eh?
        I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
        I have less friends now!!

Comment

Great hunt and excellent job with the video.....!
          "FREEDOM" Only those that are denied truly know what it means.

Comment

I am loving your videos. Just curious...Why did you let the two earlier bulls pass?

Comment

Thanks for the vid,congrats.
              Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Excellent edit!

Comment

Originally posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
                  Just curious...Why did you let the two earlier bulls pass?
                  I'm sure Jeff had his reasons, but I'm kinda wondering that as well. It would seem that that first bull, the bigger of the two, would have offered up a bit more meat. But then again, maybe Jeff thought he was too big as we all know the smaller bulls are indeed a lot better eating.....???

Congrats Jeff, I enjoyed the video...:topjob:
                  Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
                    I'm sure Jeff had his reasons, but I'm kinda wondering that as well. It would seem that that first bull, the bigger of the two, would have offered up a bit more meat. But then again, maybe Jeff thought he was too big as we all know the smaller bulls are indeed a lot better eating.....???

Congrats Jeff, I enjoyed the video...:topjob:
                    That's what I was thinking. When I went out this year we had the talk...what size are you looking for. I'm not a trophy hunter, I'm a meat hunter, but I didn't want to pass up on a gift so I shot at the big bull I saw first, of course I missed

But the small one I didn't. And I am thankful for the gift.

I know plenty people that do pass up on big ones for the smaller ones. I'm always interested in why (Maybe to a fault).

I really am enjoying his videos though. Great work, and the music rocks too.

Comment

Very nice video

Comment

Nazareth's best tune off their best album. Dig the video

Comment

Thanks for all the kind comments.

Our area has a two moose limit and a seven month season so if I need more meat I can get another if I want so it makes more sense to get a nice tender young bull if you don't get a fork horn size the next bigger small paddle size are usually plenty fat.

I was also hunting alone and butchered and loaded that moose myself so size matters and the bigger bulls are a lot of work but they are fatter if taken pre-rut.

Here is my last years hunt I passed two pretty nice ones as it was getting late in the rutting season.

Comment

Great video. Congrats.

Comment

Both nice videos - fun to be part of your hunts sir! Looks like a well used rifle - 30-06? Testament to a lot of great trips!
                              When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X