Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	2514008Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	2514009

To to help my judging skills for future hunts. Obviously doesn't have the 4 brow tine needed.

IS IT 50?

No...42" would be my expectation...
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook

Comment

Two or three years maybe.
      Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

No - not even close. 40" at best, and probably not even that. That moose is a classic tweener - not even close enough to focus on for more than a passing glance.

Comment

Lucky if he is 40, I would say 38

Comment

38" is my guess
            Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

36" would be my guess

Comment

Me too; 36.
                ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Thanks guys. I actually was thinking 42-44.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                    No - not even close. 40" at best, and probably not even that. That moose is a classic tweener - not even close enough to focus on for more than a passing glance.
                    Depends on the unit. My moose this year was 32", but had 3 brows. This guy would probably be legal in a 3 brow area, can't quite tell from the pic. Every bull is worth checking out, often those little guys can come through for you with brow tines.

Comment

Not in my unit, closer to 38" and definitely not 4 brow tines

Comment

High 30's to low 40's, but NOT legal in some Units. They are fun to watch though!

Comment

Originally posted by NMiller View Post
                          Depends on the unit. My moose this year was 32", but had 3 brows. This guy would probably be legal in a 3 brow area, can't quite tell from the pic. Every bull is worth checking out, often those little guys can come through for you with brow tines.
                          That is very true. I have a set at home that is 34" and has 4 brow tines on one side. The wildlife trooper who checked us wasn't satisfied in looking at it upside-down how it was packed just because it looked too small to have enough tines. Once we turned it over, it was clear, just wasn't what he expected to see on that size rack.

Comment

Originally posted by densully524 View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]81229[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]81230[/ATTACH]

To to help my judging skills for future hunts. Obviously doesn't have the 4 brow tine needed.

IS IT 50?
                            If you haven't seen it already, check it out to better educate yourself..... http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...rticles_id=570
                            Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

I say 42". Legal where I hunt.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X