• Show
Clear All

• BRWNBR
    replied
    Stid and his food pictures.....

Leave a comment:

• stid2677
    replied
    Goat hunting is BRUTAL I tell ya BRUTAL,, but not always.

This year was even better.

Leave a comment:

• tlingitwarrior
    replied
    Yep. Goat hunting is 60% misery and 40% agony. All that for shoe leather meat. Nothing to see here, everybody move along.

Leave a comment:

• BIGAKSTUFF
    replied
    Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Great....now the secrets out. People left goats alone for years cause they tasted nasty....now folks are seeing otherwise.
    Lol, many of them wont care how good they taste after they get up there and experience goat country first hand, how much misery can you stand for 90lbs of meat? I think the goats will be safe.....

Leave a comment:

• AK Troutbum
    replied
    Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Great....now the secrets out. People left goats alone for years cause they tasted nasty....now folks are seeing otherwise.
    That's funny you say that, I was just thinking the same thing yesterday evening right after I posted how tasty the goat meat that I've had has been.

Leave a comment:

• BRWNBR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tekla
    replied
    Just got done grinding and vacuum sealing the goats. The billy that I got was 8 years old and tastes wonderful. We ate most of the straps on the hill due to bad weather. All together both goats were wonderful and is going to be pretty good table fare this winter.

Leave a comment:

• Vance in AK
    replied
    Good for you guys Tekla!

Leave a comment:

• MntMan69
    replied
    Congrats! Helped my buddy pack out his goat on opening day over here in Cordova. Goat about 100 pounds of good meat. They say he was a 4 year old billy and I think he tastes great! Cooked up some of the back straps and it was for sure the best meat I have had to date! Hopefully I will bag mine on Saturday! Congrats again!

Leave a comment:

• Anythingalaska
    replied
    Originally posted by stid2677 View Post
    We killed 3 last year and 4 this year and all but one was wonderful. The old Nanny I killed last year taste horrible. Both the goats I got this year taste and smelled amazing. So IMHO, some goats taste foul.....

Judging by the two goats that I've shot, I actually prefer goat meat over blacktail venison; and I love venison. Of course, I haven't shot any gnarly old rutty goats...yet...

Leave a comment:

• stid2677
    replied
    We killed 3 last year and 4 this year and all but one was wonderful. The old Nanny I killed last year taste horrible. Both the goats I got this year taste and smelled amazing. So IMHO, some goats taste foul.....

Leave a comment:

• AK Troutbum
    replied
    Packing a goat?

Originally posted by JuliW View Post
    mwhahahahaha...that is FUNNY! and True! Never had goat meat I liked, maybe some day!
    I've never had goat meat that I didn't think was completely wonderful. I haven't eaten a whole lot of it but have had meat from four different goats now, two nannies and two billies, and it's all been some of the best wild game I've ever eaten.

Leave a comment:

• magpie
    replied
    Congrats Tekla!!!!

Leave a comment:

• tekla
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tekla
    replied

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense