DG345 Whidbey Bay Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DG345 Whidbey Bay Info

Well, I've waited as long as I can stand it to go out for my goat hunt. I checked out the area several times this summer and talked to a few others that have hunted the area before. Me and a couple guys are heading out tomorrow in my boat to try and bring one home. Has anyone been out there lately and have any good current info for me? It would be much apprecitated.

Rob
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Ha Rob good luck hope you connect stay safe.
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Comment

Thanks Chris. Looks like this is gonna be my only shot at it. Just found out I have to work next weekend then off to Dallas for some training until the 11th. I waited until joe just to get a good hide not knowing the I was going to miss the last two weeks of the hunt
      MMSI# 338232859

Comment

If you are taking a boat go up into day Harbor and most of the way in there on the right is a really good small cove with good Anchorage. It's protected from the weather so you can lave the boat there with no worries. There is also a big Rock slide that runs up that Valley that makes getting up there a lot easier with less brush busting. The hike to the Alpine from there isn't bad either and there should be goats up in those bowls there is a good chance you'll be able to see them from the water. When you round Cape resurrection go straight to the north side of day Harbor and cruise the shore line there is usually goats close to the water along that north side. However don't expect to see a big one that low. Good luck I wish I could draw that tag again. Maybe next year

Comment

Success. Pics and story to come as soon as I get everything cut up and photos downloaded.
          MMSI# 338232859

Comment

Schweet! Looking forward to the story and pix!

Comment

congratulations cant wait to see the pictures and story

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X