Fall PWS bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall PWS bears

Taking the 3 boys out to PWS this weekend to see if we can find a bear. Anyone been out there lately and seeing animals still low?

Originally posted by GAredneck View Post
    Taking the 3 boys out to PWS this weekend to see if we can find a bear. Anyone been out there lately and seeing animals still low?
    Spent last weekend out there and spent a fair amount of time glassing for bears. Didn't see a one. We were in Cochrane and not hunting, but I love glassing. Didn't see any salmon left in the creeks either. If you can find some fish in the creeks, you will find bears.
    sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Good luck out there. I'm heading to Seward for my fist hunt. But let me know if you plan on making a trip back out later next month. Deer/bear would be fun
      27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
      Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
      Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
      MMSI# 338232859

Comment

I would check Long Bay. I saw a bunch of bears there get his time last year.
        2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Heading out in the morning, looking primarily for deer, but might take a bear if the opportunity presents itself.
          Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

Thanks for the info and we too will be on the look out for deer. Rob, I'm up for another trip next month just let me know when. I'm sure we'll need to wait until the snow flies to push the deer down low.

Comment

Seen several bears this weekend, all out of each for me and my son. We did put a stock on one, without success

Comment

Well we didn't see a single bear. The normal areas that usually produce this time of year were bone dry, no fish left in the creek/river and not even one on the side of the hills. Ran into several others looking and they had the same results. Strange year.

Hoose, were you guys out in PWS or the Homer area?

Comment

Pws. Seen a bear on ester island, and a few in culross pass

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X