What kind of bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of bug

Have a little fruit fly looking bug that's swarms you when you sweat or hunt do you know the bug and how to get rid of

The two that come to mine are Nat's and No-see-um sense you saw them they could not be No-see-um. LOL

Comment

Yup, gnats or no see ums. Can't really get rid of them, just tolerate them till it gets cold enough that they die off/go dormant.

Comment

we call those gnats "white sox"! Wear latex gloves when you butcher your meat...Might need a headnet too. Those guys are ferocious and bug spray don't work well.
        If God had intended us to follow recipes,
        He wouldn't have given us grandmothers. ~Linda Henley

Comment

X2 what Grandma said, she knows stuff.

Comment

Don't sweat or hunt.......problem solved.

Originally posted by Onewhohunts View Post
            Have a little fruit fly looking bug that's swarms you when you sweat or hunt do you know the bug and how to get rid of
            ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

and make sure you tighten your wrist sleeves, wear a bandana around your neck, and tuck in your socks when not in waders around camp. **** whitesocks love these sensitive areas and the swelling and itching will drive you insane in the membrain! DEET works, but better be Ben's 100%.
              https://pristineventures.com

Comment

how to get rid of? Wait till late September. In the meantime follow advice above. The pain improves the flavor of the meat.

Comment

If you are sitting in one place glassing or breaking an animal down, you might consider a thermacell or two. I am not much of a gadget guy, but these things flat out work.
                  sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by spoiled one View Post
                    If you are sitting in one place glassing or breaking an animal down, you might consider a thermacell or two. I am not much of a gadget guy, but these things flat out work.
                    I agree......
                    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

could be sabre tooth crotch crickets.....I bought a ten dollar mosquito net to duck under that covers and entire queen bed and carry a thermacell and they do work well. Gutting an animal is far worse than sweating trust me. I was scarred for weeks after gutting a moose last year and had liquid oozing from the bites until I peroxided my arms up.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X